Uriel is a gourmet. He enjoys trying out new recipes and new cuisines. He loves African and Indian cuisine.
The rice and potato curry is a very delicious meal.
For the Rice:
- 5 2/3 cups (1 kg) white rice, raw
- 3 teaspoons (15 g) salt, iodized
- ¼ cup (50 g) cooking oil
- 9 cups (1955 g) water
For the potato curry:
- 2 (558 g) potatoes, irish, white, raw
- 2 (223 g) tomatoes, red, ripe
- 2 teaspoons (9 g) salt salt, iodized
- 2 teaspoons (1 g) turmeric, powder
- ¼ tsp (6 g) coriander, powder
- 3 ½ tbsp (1 gram) red chilli, powder
- ¼ tsp. (42 g) cooking oil
- 1 gram fenugreek, seeds, raw
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) mustard, seeds, raw
- ½ tsp. (3 g) cumin, seeds
- ½ (2 g) curry leaves, bunch, raw
- (5 g) 2 tsp. lemon, fresh
- 9 grams sugar
- 1 1/3 cups (299 g) water
Instructions For the Rice
- Sort the rice and wash it thoroughly.
- Pour the water into a cooking pot, boil all the water for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and rice. Stir and boil for 10 more minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low
- Cover the cooking pot and simmer for around 16 minutes.
- Add cooking oil to the rice and stir. Add cooking oil to the rice and stir.
- Cover the cooking and allow to simmer until it is ready.
- Cover cooking pot with aluminum foil.
- Remove the cooking pot from heat and let the rice cool for a while.
Nutrition information for the Rice
Nutrition data per 100g of recipe:
- Energy 584 kJ/ 138 kcal
- Fat 2.0 g
- Carbohydrates 27.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g
- Fibre 0.2 g
- Vitamin A 0 mcg
- Iron 0.3 mg
- Zinc 0.46 mg
Instructions for the Potato curry
- Peel, wash, and chop the potatoes into cubes.
- Blend tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and 1 tablespoon of cooking oil together thoroughly until they form a paste.
- Add 2 ½ tablespoons of cooking oil to a cooking pot and heat for around 3 minutes.
- Add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, cumin seeds, and fenugreek to the cooking pot.
- Stir the mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the blended ingredients, mix thoroughly and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add salt and all the water and cook for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the lemon juice and sugar into a separate cup.
- Add the potatoes and then stir thoroughly. Add the sugar-lemon juice mixture.
- Cover the pot and cook for 16 minutes or until the potatoes become soft.
- Remove from heat and serve with rice.
Nutrition information for the potato curry
Nutrition data per 100g of recipe(Potato curry):
- Energy 608 kJ/ 145 kcal
- Fat 7.0 g
- Carbohydrates 17.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g
- Fibre 2.2 g
- Vitamin A 10 mcg
- Iron 1.7 mg
- Zinc 0.41 mg
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Uriel Kushiel