I make this dish for many events in the family and community get togethers. I also added it for my nieces to enjoy making it.
Chicken and Dumplings the Slow Cooker Way
Chicken and Dumplings the Smart Way.
Living in Florida during the summer months makes a hot oven an unwelcoming guest. This is why I started using a slow cooker years ago. Some recipes that I use for the family required tweaking for the slow cooker.
My family's favorite chicken and dumplings is now a slow cooker delight. It is easier and cooler to fix this way.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- 3 or 4 chicken breast
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- teaspoon dry dill
- teaspoon dry parsley
- salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- First in the slow cooker are the soups.
- Then pour chicken broth on top of soups.
- Whisk all together until blended well.
- Add onion
- Salt and Pepper
- Then put the chicken breast into the mixture.
- Put the top on and set to cook 6 hours on high.
- After 5 hours put the biscuits into the mixture
- First take the top off and with two forks shed the meat into pieces.
- Lay biscuits out on cutting board and use pizza cutter to cut into halves.
- Then cut through then again making each biscuit into fourths.
- Then just drop the biscuits into the pot.
- Stir to get the biscuit into the mixture,
- Cook another hour on high but keep check on it because the biscuits absorb a lot of liquid. Add more chicken broth if needed during the one hour.
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2022 Barbara Purvis Hunter