I am a mom of three with a career and a love for cooking. Whether you have been cooking for years or weeks, these recipes are perfect.
Empanada Filling Ingredients
1 lb 80/20 ground beef
4 clove fresh garlic, chopped
1 large yellow onion
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp smoke paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Tajin
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp onion powder
- Preheat 14 inch skillet over high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add tablespoon of olive oil and your onions. Cook onions over medium heat until translucent.
- Add Ground beef and stir in all dry seasonings, breaking up your beef with a large wooden spoon.
- Cook over medium heat stirring often for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir your fresh garlic and continue to cook for another 10 minutes on low heat.
- Take mixture off heat and allow to cool to room temperature before filling your empanada discs.
You can your own but for this recipe we will be using Goya empanada discs. If you can't find them in your local market, any empanada disc will do.
- Place 1 tablespoon in middle of each disc
- Fold disc in half and pinch both top and bottom as you fold upward
If pan frying
Heat 2 cups vegetable oil to 14 pan or larger to 375 degrees. Add 3 empanadas at a time, frying 1-2 minutes on each side or until both sides have browned.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper or grease bottom of cookie sheet with olive oil. Add your empanadas, brush on egg wash and place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Celia Ribeiro