Nyesha loves writing about cooking/recipes, restaurants, movies, weddings, and poetry.
Delicious prime rib recipe
Don't you just love a great steak that is well prepared? Here is a delicious prime rib recipe.
Beef can be such a tasty and satisfying meal. How can you cook delicious prime rib on budget? Here's how!
How to cook prime rib on a budget: Great steak
PRIME RIB - Delicious prime rib is such an enjoyable meat main dish. This hub will discuss how to spend less when cooking delicious prime rib at home as opposed to paying a lot more for prime rib that is prepared for you at a restaurant.
- This recipe hub also contains an easy to follow and delicious prime rib recipe as well as food photos of the cooked prime rib.
- When it comes to the most special cuts of beef steak including filet mignon, top sirloin and prime rib, the prime rib has always been my favorite.
Prime rib is often featured as a specialty that can be enjoyed in various restaurants including Chop House, Outback Steakhouse, Longhorn and Texas Lonestar restaurant.
Don't you just love to eat a great steak that is well prepared? This top of the line cut of meat, prime rib, is pricey even in more budget friendly restaurants. Prime rib is typically costing around $25 for a 16 oz steak or $20 for a 12 oz steak.
I love to eat prime rib at a restaurant or when I've cooked prime rib at home.
Budget friendly prime rib
- It is only recently, in the past year or so that I became ambitious and daring enough to try cooking my favorite meat, prime rib at home.
- This PRIME RIB was one of the dishes that I cooked last Christmas and it turned out to not be such a delicate operation after all as I had previously suspected it would be.
- In fact, cooking delicious prime rib is easy as pie!
I was delighted to find this beef, prime rib meat for sale, raw in the meat section of my local Food Lion supermarket and priced to move for the holidays. A large cut of prime rib meat, around 5 pounds cost just $18. I had to grab it. This was some very budget friendly prime rib.
Cooking delicious prime rib is as easy as pie.
How To Make Delicious Prime Rib
Prime rib is one of my favorite meals, for sure.
Simple recipe for prime rib
When it came to cooking the prime rib, I kept things very simple. The packaging of the meat you buy might offer suggestions and a starting off point such as telling you how long the meat needs to cook.
I looked to recipes on-line at sites such as allrecipes.com to form a template and give me ideas to make a recipe my own.
I loved the idea of garlic encrusted prime rib that kept coming up. I decided to encrust my prime rib with a generous portion of minced garlic as well. Below is my complete simple recipe for prime rib. (Please note that while many prefer rare and medium rare meat, this recipe is for my own preference - well done.)
When it comes to cooking prime rib, you can keep things simple.
PRIME RIB RECIPE
1. Remove raw prime rib from all packaging and rinse in cold water.
2. Place the prime rib in a deep foil lined baking pan.
3. Rub the prime rib generously with a teaspoon each of the following powdered spices:
- black pepper
4. Additionally spread a tablespoon of fresh minced garlic on the side and top of the prime rib.
5. Add 1 cup of water to the pan.
6. Place the pan in a preheated oven at a broiling 450 degrees.
7. After the first 15 minutes of prime rib cooking time, reduce the heat to 375 degrees.
8. Allow the prime rib to cook for 25 minutes per pound of meat. This might amount to over 2 and nearing 3 hours of cooking time depending on the weight of your cut of prime rib.
9. This meat will be very tender and moist. Serve your prime rib and enjoy.
(If you would prefer not to have a seared top for the prime rib, cover the pan with foil throughout the prime rib cooking process.)
Enjoy your holidays and keep your tummy happy with delicious food!
Keep your tummy happy with delicious food!
Do you have a favorite?
How do you like your steak?
Please rate this prime rib recipe
1. Perfect Prime Rib - Easiest Prime Rib Recipe Ever - Holiday Prime Rib of Beef
2. How to Cook the Perfect Prime Rib
3. How to Make the Ultimate Prime Rib
4. How to Cook the Best Prime Rib Roast
6. The Food Lab's Reverse Seared Prime Rib
8. Garlic Crusted Prime Beef Rib Roast Recipe
© 2011 Nyesha Pagnou MPH
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on December 20, 2011:
You're welcome Hello, hello. Thanks for your appreciative comment and support of this hub!
Hello, hello, from London, UK on November 10, 2011:
Souds great got to try it. Thank you.
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on November 09, 2011:
Hi point2make, How To Hub and scarytaff, thanks so much for your nice comments. I appreciate them. Thanks for the vote up point2make.
Derek James from South Wales on November 08, 2011:
Delicious. Thanks for the recipe.
How To Hub on November 07, 2011:
Looks good - making me hungry !
point2make on November 07, 2011:
I love prime rib and this recipe sounds delish....I'll give a try this weekend. Thanks for the tips and the photos were great. voted this hub up.