I am a mom of three with a career and a love for cooking. Whether you have been cooking for years or weeks, these recipes are perfect.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
2 hours 20 min
- 1 lb Beef Chuck, Cubed
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Medium yellow onions, Chopped
- 1 cup Beer (optional) not lager
- 1/2 Portuguese Chourico Caseiro, 1 inch slices
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Large carrots, pealed, 2 inch chunks
- 2 cups Green beans, cut long
- 1 cup Beef stock, (Low Sodium)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Chopped tomato
- 28 oz can Crushed tomato
- Add olive oil to stick pot and bring to sizzle on medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until translucent. Once translucent, add all dry ingredients and fresh tomato and mix together
- Add beef and chorizo stir together with contents of the pot. Lower to low heat and let cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bring back to medium heat and add beer, crushed tomato and bay leaves. (Add green beans and carrots about 45 minute into cooking)
- Stir and bring to simmer on high heat. Once simmering, bring to low heat for 1.5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Meat should be fork tender, if not, leave on low heat for another 20-30 minutes.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Celia Ribeiro