Pork stir fry with Carrots and Chilli Pork Recipe are easy to prepare and cook. Hope I can tempt you with these recipes which are delicious.
Two different Ingredients for Pork Stir Fry
Pork stir fry
Stir Frying - Quickest way to cook
Stir frying is the easiest and most nutritious way of cooking food especially vegetables because it takes less time to cook and therefore all the nutrients of the vegetables are intact because they won't be over cooked. Meat and vegetables lose their nutrients if they are cooked for longer time.
For me, I like this method of cooking because it is easier and quicker to cook food. If you have not got enough time to cook, stir frying is the answer. The most time it takes for me is half an hour including preparation. The only thing with stir frying, is you have to get all ingredients cut up or sliced and ready before you start stir frying as this is really quick cooking.
With this kind of cooking, you can mix and match your ingredients. It doesn't have to be perfect, you can experiment which ingredients goes better with the kind of meat that you want to use. You can even just use vegetables on their own without meat if preferred, good for vegetarians.
Got quite a few ideas for stir fry but I will start with the pork stir fry first. This is how I cook it. This is my own recipe, I tried it and I like it so I keep cooking it. What I do sometimes is just change the meat like pork to chicken or beef or I just use vegetables or just change the vegetable ingredients.
I just like easy cooking method really. As much as I enjoy cooking, I don't want to be a slave of the cooker and get stressed cooking. Pork meat is also cheap to buy so it saves you and I some money and time.
1. Pork Stir Fry Recipe with Carrots and Cabbage
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
serves 2 people
Pork Stir Fry Recipe with carrots and cabbage
- 3 pieces lean pork, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon or a pinch black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon chilli sauce, sweet or hot if you like
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1/2 of a whole(small) cabbage, chopped
- 2to 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 pieces spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- a few mushrooms, optional
- a pinch salt, optional
Pork Stir Fry with carrots and cabbage
- Cut pork meat into thin strips-one inch long, marinade it with soy sauce, chilli sauce, salt and black pepper then set aside.
- Slice the carrots and set aside, chopped the onions and garlic, chop cabbage then set aside.
- Stir fry onions and garlic with the cooking oil, ( make sure that wok or frying pan is very hot before putting garlic and spring onions). Take it out and set aside.
- In the same frying pan or wok, add marinated pork meat and stir fry for five minutes until pork meat is brown and nearly cooked.
- Add the carrots, mushrooms and stir fry for two minutes then add cabbage keep stirring for a few minutes. Taste to see if it needs more soy sauce or if it needs more cooking.
- Now add the spring onions and garlic that you set aside, and stir fry for two minutes then serve it with plain boiled rice. Enjoy your stir fry.
Chilli Pork Stir Fry Recipe Ingredients
Ingredients: Serves 4 people
- 11/4 lb pork fillet(tenderloin), cubed
- 1/2 inch piece root ginger, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon tomato puree
- 3 tablespoon chilli sauce(you can use hot chilli instead of this)
- 3 tablespoon groundnut oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 150ml hot stock
- Herb sprigs to garnish
2. Chilli Pork Stir fry Recipe
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Add the cubed pork and stir fry for two to three minutes to brown and seal.
- Add the onion, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, thyme and paprika and continue stir frying for 2 minutes until the onion becomes soft.
- Add the flour to the wok or saucepan, stir and cook for two minutes. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tomato puree and remove from heat.
- Stir in the stock slowly. Return to the heat and cook, keep stirring until the sauce is thickened.
- Cover and cook gently for 15 minutes. Remove the thyme and check the seasoning before serving. Garnished with herbs. Serve it hot with rice.
Some useful Tips for stir frying
With this recipe, you can use onions (bulbs) instead of spring onions. Also if you like it to be hot (spicy), you can use more hot chilli sauce or black pepper. I use sweet chilli sauce because I don't like it hot or too spicy. You can use the hot chilli sauce if you like it spicy or you can use ground chilli or fresh chillies as one of the ingredients.
If you are cooking for more people just increase the amount of your ingredients. It is better to marinade the meat for longer before cooking then it taste better.
Pork chilli stir fry
- Pak Choi (Pechay ) Stir Fry Recipes -Liesl5858's Own Recipes
I would like to share some of my Pechay or Pak Choi Recipes. It is so simple and easy to stir fry. Pak Choi can be used in many ways in the Asian countries.
Chilli sauce use for chilli stir fry
© 2013 Linda Bryen
Pork Stir Fry and Pork Chilli Recipe Comments
Linda Bryen (author) from United Kingdom on January 23, 2015:
Hi! Peachpurple, hope you are well. I suppose we have nearly the same type of food really. Thank you for trying my recipe. Hope you will like it.
peachy from Home Sweet Home on January 23, 2015:
i must try this stir fry pork recipe, this is similar to malaysian chinese ginger pork recipe
Linda Bryen (author) from United Kingdom on May 16, 2013:
Thank you, Peachpurple it is my own made up recipe. I just tried it and I like it so I make it now and again. I just love instant but nutritious food to eat. Thank you for your kind comment.
peachy from Home Sweet Home on May 16, 2013:
interesting recipe. In malaysia, we call this Sweet and Sour pork with white rice. Delicious, tasty and crispy pork for 2 person. To me, this is the fastest way to whip up a meal when you are in a hurry. Useful and practical. Voted up
Linda Bryen (author) from United Kingdom on April 20, 2013:
Thank you vespawolf for your kind comment. I like easy but healthy cooking.
Vespa Woolf from Peru, South America on April 19, 2013:
I love a good stir fry and this sounds like a great basic recipe! I appreciate all your extra tips, too. Thanks!