Nyesha loves writing content about cooking & food recipes, restaurant reviews, movie reviews, television shows, weddings, and poetry.
Product review of Philly Gourmet Burgers frozen beef burger product
Product Review - Philly Gourmet brand frozen beef burgers ☆☆☆☆☆
PHILLY GOURMET BURGERS - PRODUCT REVIEW
Philly Gourmet is a very good brand of frozen beef burgers. Here is a product review of Philly Gourmet frozen beef burgers. I consider this Philly Gourmet frozen beef burger product to be a good product. These Philly Gourmet burgers are packaged in a black box, and the Philly Gourmet burgers product can be found in the frozen meat section of your supermarket.
Are you looking for a simple way to prepare tasty hamburgers and cheeseburgers at home? Using Philly Gourmet frozen beef burgers is one way.
As with many frozen beef burger products, thawing these Philly Gourmet burgers first is not necessary before cooking.
- A box of this product, Philly Gourmet burgers can be taken straight from the freezer, opened, and the burger patties separated from the dividing paper.
- You might want to rinse the Philly Gourmet burgers product, as I do, and then pat the burgers dry with paper towels before adding them to a pan that's sizzling with oil.
Add additional spices to the Philly Gourmet burger patties, as you desire.
- I like to add a little bit of salt, black pepper, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook the Philly Gourmet beef burger patties for eight minutes on one side; use a spatula to flip the beef burger patties over, and cook them for eight minutes on the other side to get great medium-well burgers. These Philly Gourmet beef patties are delicious and juicy.
At my home, I like to use this Philly Gourmet brand of frozen beef burger patties to make bacon cheeseburgers for the family. (Sometimes, I'll use other brands such as Bubba burgers as well.)
- After the Philly Gourmet burger patties are cooked, I melt cheese on top (cheddar usually) of the beef burger patties and add cooked bacon as well.
- The bacon that I like to buy is microwavable, but a batch of the bacon would need several minutes in the microwave (around 12 minutes), layered between paper towels to be fully cooked. Cooking time in the microwave for the bacon averages approximately one minute per slice of bacon.
Many brands of delicious and fresh-tasting bread can go well with the Philly Gourmet burgers. Most recently, I have enjoyed the Ball Park brand hamburger buns. On occasion when we have burgers and hot dogs together, everyone gets one burger and one hot dog. I also purchase Ball Park brand hot dog buns, and my favorite hot dogs to purchase and prepare are Nathan’s (brand) hot dogs.
- We are sure to have plenty of condiments on hand, such as ketchup, mustard, and relish.
- Optionally, you might even want to spread a little bit of mayonnaise on each hamburger or hot dog bun.
Philly Gourmet beef burger with bacon and cheese
It would be a good idea to wrap the prepared Philly Gourmet burgers in foil
The photos included in this article illustrate how the Philly Gourmet frozen burgers are prepared at home.
- Wrapping the fully assembled Philly Gourmet burgers (seasoned cooked burger, bun, cheese, bacon) in foil is always a good idea especially if you do not plan to eat them immediately.
- Wrapped in the foil, the Philly Gourmet burgers will remain warm, moist and juicy for a while and not get dried out.
After you have wrapped the Philly Gourmet beef burgers with bacon and cheese in foil, you can even place them on a tray and put them in the oven, closing the oven door but not turning on the oven, for a short period of time until the burgers are ready to be eaten.
This also works well if not everyone in the family is home at the same time or ready to be served the meal at the same time for whatever the reason.
While it is ideal for everyone to gather together around the table at the same time, for lunch or dinner especially on a weekend, that might not always be the case.
Bacon makes it better.
Product Review: Philly Gourmet Burgers
Lots of possible toppings for your Philly Gourmet burger
- I highly recommend shredded iceberg lettuce and tomato slices for adding to your Philly Gourmet burger only when ready to eat.
- You can keep the lettuce and tomato on hand and be ready to wash and drain them and add them to your Philly Gourmet burger when you unwrap the burger from the foil and are ready to eat.
- Once at a restaurant, I ate a burger that even included fried egg and avocado. Those fried egg and avocado additions were very complimentary, delicious.
After eating the memorable burger that I had in the restaurant, I did sometimes add such toppings to the versions of beef burgers that I made at home as well.
So remember, there are lots and lots of types of toppings that you can potentially add to your Philly Gourmet beef burger, making it an even bigger and more filling meal. The possibilities are pretty endless.
The website for Philly Gourmet, phillygourmet.com, states that the business has been family-owned and operated since 1960. They pride themselves on using 100% pure beef for the patties.
The specific product that I like is the Philly Gourmet 32-ounce (2-pound) box containing 100% pure beef patties. In this Philly Gourmet box of beef burgers, there are 8 patties, each of which is a quarter pound.
I like this Philly Gourmet beef burger product very much.
Cooked Philly Gourmet beef burgers, wrapped in foil before serving
Philly Gourmet Burgers - Nutritional information and where to buy
I purchase my Philly Gourmet products at Food Lion. In my area, these burgers can also be purchased at Harris Teeter, Lowes or Walmart Neighborhood Market.
Nutritional facts: One patty contains 8% of your daily value of iron, 19 g of protein, 40 mg of sodium, 18 g of total fat (28% daily value), 7 g of saturated fat (35% daily value) and 0 trans fat.
If you are watching what you eat and in the interest of avoiding overindulgence, you might want to use the suggested toppings of cheese, bacon or fried egg very sparingly or you can go ahead and overindulge and pledge to do better the next day!
Philly Gourmet beef burgers are very good. If you decide to purchase them, I hope you enjoy!
I rate this Philly Gourmet brand frozen beef burger product 5/5 stars.
3. Father's Day! What's the best frozen hamburger : Freezerburns (Ep 339)
© 2017 Nyesha Pagnou MPH
Tina on May 25, 2020:
How much did they pay toy dor this post these burge4s are horrible.
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on May 12, 2020:
Wow, I realize now that many people have not had a good experience with these burgers at all but I thought that the Philly Gourmet burgers were very good. Thanks for the comments.
Kathy on May 09, 2020:
Not good!!! Terrible and strangely very crunchy!!!
norm on March 21, 2020:
thee people got sick on these so called pure beef burgers.didnt even taste like real hamburger.
NutMeg on July 27, 2019:
When people say 'cheapest' burger, that is right. No, not inexpensive. CHEAP! I would guess the so-called 100% beef is misleading. Half the burger seems to be pink slime that coagulates in the pan and the other part is fat.
patrick on September 26, 2018:
do you have coupons for this . product
Person on September 14, 2018:
This was not a review. This was an instruction sheet with ideas on how one can eat a burger
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on September 06, 2018:
Ron, thanks for stopping by and posting your comment on this hub about Philly Gourmet burgers.
Ron on August 01, 2018:
no need to wash and dry, no need for oil. Plenty of grease in the burger.