A Chef & World Traveler That Has Been Lucky Enough To Taste And Cook With Some Of The Best Ingredients Around The Globe. Time To Share.
Long Grain White Rice
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 cups Long Grain White Rice
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups (or enough to cover) Water
- As needed Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a small baking or casserole dish, add uncooked long grain white rice. Add the water. It should be JUST enough water to cover the rice. Add the oil and with a wooden spoon, mix it well. The oil needs to be distributed evenly so the rice grains are not sticking together much when finished.
- Cover tight with plastic wrap, and then with aluminum foil. Once oven is ready, place rice in oven. Set timer for 45 minutes, and try not to open the oven again until the time goes off.(so if you are baking anything else, make sure to time them for completion) When timer goes off at 45 minutes, remove rice from oven, remove foil and plastic wrap, and with a fork, fluff it. Should be cooked, but not mushy or sticky if done properly Season & serve.
- Note: When using this method, I usually double this recipe as it is simply worth it for me considering the time it takes.
Marquis (author) from Atlanta, Georgia on December 05, 2018:
Poppy thanks for asking. Not olive oil. Vegetable oil is what i normally use. It does not change or affect the flavor, but makes so the rice texture is not sticky.
Poppy from Enoshima, Japan on December 05, 2018:
I've never thought to make rice with olive oil before. How does it affect the flavor and consistency?