In my blogs you will find melange of dishes discovered of my own and some (foods and flavors) are influenced of our ancestors.
It was before salad was just a stand by dish in serving table and people has typical thought of weight loss food. But a now days salad serve as wholemeal and become healthy zone to people taking break from meaty or spicy food. Common salad is a stand by dish in most of the serving table. Its a great way to start your day to boost your mood and keep you healthy. Yes sometime its boring to chew the food but chewing help to improve our digestion and reduce cholesterol also make mood to prevent short time meal. Loads of veggies no doubt provides fiber in our body but also make us active and energies whole day. People who doesn’t like to appear in kitchen or those lazy weekends can be serve salad as full meal to eat and take less time add veggies of your own choices.
- You need to keep ready boiled sweet potatoes which takes 10 to 15 minutes. For salad I preferred fresh boiled chick peas could be ready before 7 to 8 hours or on night before. If you no time can be used nicely rinsed canned chick peas can use direct in salad.
- Veggies I used cucumber with skin. For wholesome meal the shape of the vegetables matter. So sliced into chunk. I found medium thin skinned cucumber which has soft seeds good for salads. For matured cucumber I would never prefer for salad but if you still want to use can remove hard seeds and thick skin, cut into cubes.
- My salad never completed with out onion diced and tomatoes. For dressings I use fresh cream and mustard paste, lemon juice, olive oil and some salad seasoning. You can use replace seasoning with only peppers.
- At the end my favorite slited green chilies which is my choice is an optional. Finely chopped coriander leaves is a mood maker for any salads which never miss to prepare salad of course.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
8 hours 15 min
- 1/2 cup whole wheat, organic spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup boiled chick peas
- 2 cucumber, slice into medium chunks
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges or cubs
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into cubs
- 3-4 green chilies
- 1 handful coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt as per taste
- 3 tablespoon fresh cream – I took Amul cream
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- salad seasoning
To prepare the salad dressing, take a small bowl and mix together all the ingredients. Adding water to make the dressing slightly thin. Whisk all the ingredients and keep this dressing in a refrigerator until use it.
- Soak chick peas at least 7 to 8 hours. Boil them in a pressure cooker along with salt and 1 cup of water until soft or 4 to 5whistles over medium flame. Take them out when cool. Its better to ready it before you have mood for preparing salad will help to save your time.
- Meanwhile in a pan boil 2 cups of water and half tsp salt. When water turns to boil add pastas. Boil until firm dont mushy the pasta. Sprinkle some oil and drain water. Sprinkle oil will help to avoid sticking the pasta together.
- Boil sweet potatoes in one cup of water in a pressure cooker or pot. Don’t over cook the potatoes. After 10 to 15 minutes when they get soft, off the flame. Allow it cool and peel out the skin, cut into cubes and keep them a side.
- Now the last step, in a large bowl assemble all the vegetables, boiled pasta, salt, lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- Drizzle the dressing and tossed well, your salad is ready to eat as it is or can be served with toasted bread.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Susmita Tripathy