Onion Bhaji is one of the most delicious Indian snacks. It is the snack, which is most loved to eat during the teatime.
Indian Authentically Onion Bhaji Recipe
Onion Bhaji is one of the most delicious Indian snacks. It is the snack, which is most loved to eat during the teatime, or when it is raining. As the rainy season has already started, and it would be wonderful to eat something spicy and hot, while it is raining. This can be a delicious snack item for such an occasion. Let us see how to cook Onion bhaji at home.
Ingredients Required for Preparing Onion Bhaji
- Onions – 3 medium
- Besan powder – 1 Cup
- Cornflour – 1 Tsp
- Green chili paste – 1/2 Tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Turmeric powder – A pinch
- Elachi powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Cooking Oil
- Salt – As per the taste
Onion Bhaji Recipe
- Prep time- 30 minutes
- Cooking time- 30 minutes
- Serve- 3
Method for Preparing Onion Bhaji
- Clean the onions thoroughly and remove the exterior skin.
- Cut them into round slices (20 round slices). and keep them aside.
- Take a bowl and add besan powder, cornflour, green chili paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cardamom powder, and salt to it.
- Now add some water to the mixture and mix them well. Add little-little water and mix the complete mixture until it turns into thick. (Onion Bhaji batter)
- Now take the frying pan and add cooking oil to it. Heat it on a medium flame.
- Dip the kept aside round onion slices in the batter.
- Once the oil is hot enough, slowly drop this batter applied onion slices one after another into oil from a side of the frying pan. (This avoids the spilling of hot oil while dropping the onion slices).
- Fry them till they turn into brown color.
- Once they are fried enough, remove them from the frying pan and take them into a paper napkin covered plate.
- This will absorb the extra oil from the bhajis.
- Your Onion bhaji is ready to get served. Serve them hot with tomato sauce.
- If you want, you can garnish them with Coriander leaves or with tomato slices.