I love to create and share nutritious recipes with the world.
Oat Nut Dates
- Oat Flour (Made with 1 1/4 cup oats)
- Almond Flour (Made with 1 cup whole almonds)
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Baking Powder 2 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dates mashed (as required)
- Slivered almonds to garnish
Baked in Health
- Grind the oats and almonds separately to make the oat flour and almond flour. You can use a simple blender or a dry mixer grinder for this purpose.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare the cake batter in the meantime.
- Mix the oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and keep aside.
- In another bowl, beat 2 eggs using a fork. Then, add the coconut milk, sugar and dates.
- Gradually transfer the flour mixture to the bowl with the wet mixture and mix evenly.
- Coat a round baking pan with oil or butter.
- Transfer the cake batter to the cake pan and place slivered almonds on top of it.
- Bake at 350 F for 25-30 min until a fork inserted at the centre of the cake comes out clean.
MG Singh emge from Singapore on October 12, 2021:
Very nice and appetizing recipe, must try it.
Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on October 12, 2021:
Your recipe sounds tasty! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Liza from USA on October 12, 2021:
Previous, I have made many times loaf with dates in it. I think your recipe is worth trying because I love dates. Thanks for sharing the recipe!