Non- Alcoholic Drinks for Hot Summer Days
Summer has arrived and it is time for cookouts, family reunions, and back yard fun. For these occasions, it isn't always practical to drink alcoholic drinks. Whether you are dieting, pregnant, or the designated driver, there are many non-alcoholic drinks to enjoy while partying or relaxing.
If you are health conscience, coconut milk and coconut water provide exceptional health and diet benefits from improvement in blood pressure and cardiovascular function to the burning of belly fat. Unlike soft drinks, caffeinated teas, and alcoholic beverages, these non- alcoholic drinks will not promote dehydration in hot summer months. These healthy drinks not only taste good, but can be incorporated into many recipes to make them good for you.
Ingredients for Healthy Pina Colada
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk, or Coconut Cream Drink
- 1/2 Cup Cream of Coconut
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Rum Extract, (1/2 cup Rum if alcoholic)
- 1 Cup Fresh Pineapple Chunks, (can use pineapple juice)
- 4 Tablespoons White Sugar, Can use substitute like Splenda
- 12 Large Ice Cubes
- Add coconut milk, pineapple juice, rum extract, sugar, and ice into a blender.
- Set blender on high to crush the ice. After crushed, set the blender on blend or low. Blend until smooth!
- Pour mixture into a festive glass. Garnish and serve immediately. Enjoy!
|Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Makes two 8 ounce drinks
Non-Alcoholic Amaretto Pina Colada Recipe
For a creamier desert like treat (and for those who don't like pineapple), the Amaretto Pina Colada Recipie is a great alternative.
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup Cream of Cocunut
2 Tablespoons of Half n' Half
1/4 Cup Amaretto Syrup
4 Tablespoons of White Sugar or 2 Tablespoons of Sugar Substitute
12 Large Ice Cubes
Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend on high till smooth.
For an exotic and healthy non- alcoholic beverage, a Coconut Cola is a great drink on a hot day.
1 Cup Coconut Milk
1 Cup Cola
1 Tablespoon of Lime Juice
Mix Well. Serve over ice with an umberella.
Coconut Melon Tango
2 Cups of Cantaloupe. Juiced on highest setting on blender to liquefy. Strain the liquid if you don't want the pulp in your drink.
2 Cups of Coconut Water
1 Teaspoon of Sugar of 1/2 Teaspoon of Sugar Substitute
1 Pinch of Pepper
Combine all ingredients together in a pitcher of ice. Serve cold. Garnish with cantaloupe or mint sprig.