I created recipes and menus to fit the planned functions. A house-warming party, a wedding shower, a retirement, an anniversary or etc.
Cheese and Macaroni Recipe
Cheese and Macaroni Dish
I have used this recipe for many events over the years for my family and at work. I like cooking simple without all the bells and whistles.
My nephews were my tasters for my recipe inventions. They are grown now with families. I see them on holidays, and they remind me to bring my cheese and macaroni.
- 1 16-ounce package four cheeses, shredded
- 1 16-ounce package mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 16 ounces package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, add more if needed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, add more if needed
- Boil 2 cups of elbow macaroni on the stove top covered with water for ten minutes/or the same time in the microwave.
- Drain off all but 1/4 of the water leaving it in the pot with the cooked macaroni.
- In a deep bowl put 2/3 of the shredded four cheeses, 2/3 of the shredded mild cheddar cheese and 2/3 of the shredded sharp cheese.
- Mix cheeses together, then, pour into the cooked macaroni. Stir well until all the cheese have melted.
- Add salt and pepper. Add more if needed.
- Pour into an oven-proof baking dish, but first use cooking spray on the sides and bottom of the dish, spray lightly. Even the mixture out with a spatula.
- Sprinkle remaining cheeses evenly over the top of the cheese and macaroni. Then put into a 450-degree pre-heated oven until the cheese melts and is bubbling.
- Do not overcook or it will be dry.
- Second Option: You may serve this recipe without baking it. Just add the extra cheese on top and let it melt. I have served it on a large platter with hot wings and Italian meatballs placed around the cheese and macaroni.
- I only use Kraft or Sargento cheese. It works better for me.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 8 to 10 People
Cheese & Macaroni without Milk, Butter or Eggs Recipe
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2022 Barbara Purvis Hunter