Shwetha Bhat is passionate about food and cooking. She loves to experiment in the kitchen and share recipes from her native Indian cuisine.
Tasty and easy sandwich
Mushrooms are types of fungi. They are rich sources of fibers, vitamins and minerals, low in calories, low in sodium. Many dishes can be made using mushrooms like, biriyani, stir fry, mushroom pepper fry and so on.
Mushrooms sandwiches are tasty and healthy sandwich without using any masalas. Can be made easily, so perfect for busy mornings.
This dish can be serve as breakfast, snack, dinner. Best for kids lunchbox too.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
serves 2 people
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 200 grams mushroom, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespooon fennel seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper corns
- 3 tablespoons green onion
- 1 pack of bread slices
- 2-3 teaspoons ghee or clarified butter
- Wash and chop vegetables and mushroom. Keep them aside.
- In a pan, heat butter, add chopped garlic, saute for some seconds.
- Add chopped onion, saute till golden brown.
- Add chopped capsicum, saute for a minute.
- Add chopped mushroom, salt to taste, mix well. Close the lid and cook in medium flame. No need to add water as mushroom leaves lots of water while cooking, which is enough to cook them.
- Meanwhile, in a mixer jar, add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, black pepper corns, close the lid and grind to fine powder. Keep aside.
- When the vegetables are half cooked, open the lid, add ground powder, mix and combine well. Adjust salt. Mix well. Close the lid and cook in low flame till water evaporates completely and mushroom cooked well.
- Once done, add green onion, mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Take a slice of bread, spread the prepared stuffing, close with another bread slice and press gently.
- Heat tawa, drizzle some drops of ghee over tawa, place sandwich over hot tawa, drizzle few more drops of ghee on sandwich, fry till golden brown. Flip and fry on other side too. Add more ghee if required. Once done, transfer to the plate.
- Repeat the same procedure and make sandwiches.
- Tasty and healthy mushroom sandwich is ready to serve. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or any other dip and enjoy.
Instructions WIth Step by Step Photos
- Optionally, mixed herbs can be added for extra flavor.
- Increase or decrease the quantity of black pepper as required.
- I have used whole wheat bread for this sandwich. Any type of breads can be used.
- salted or unsalted butter can be used.
- Coriander leaves can also be added.