I love homemade food recipes created by my mom. Here I am to share her secret recipes for the world to enjoy it too.
The Filipino Spaghetti is saucy with a mixture of salty and sweet which blesses the tastebuds with its rich flavor. Many friends and family have requested this recipe to which my mom just smiles and gives no answer. However, I am glad to share this recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 350g minced chicken
- 400g spaghetti, kimball brand
- 350g mushroom spaghetti sauce can, kimball brand
- 120g grated cheese, can adjust to taste
- 300g evaporated milk creamer
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk, can adjust to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 pinch msg
- maggi cukup rasa seasoning, to taste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Pour water to pot and boil. Add salt and oil to the water to prevent spaghetti from sticking.
- Add the spaghetti sticks when the water boils and ensure they are separated when doing so.
- Cut up garlic and onion. Set aside
- Grate cheese if not yet grated. Set aside
- Check if the spaghetti sticks are soft. Drain the water through a strainer. Pour room temperature water over spaghetti sticks in the strainer. Set aside
- For the sauce, add cooking oil to a large saucepan. Then add the onion and garlic, and stir it until nearly brown and can smell the flavor.
- Add the minced meat and stir.
- Add soy sauce, pepper, salt, msg, and Maggi seasoning. Stir it for 10 minutes or until cooked
- Pour the spaghetti sauce to the saucepan and stir.
- Pour the evaporated milk creamer and condensed milk into the saucepan and stir.
- You can taste the sauce and add any seasoning or condensed milk(for sweetness) until the taste is to your liking
- Add some of the grated cheese and stir. You can add all cheese to the sauce or sprinkle on the serving later.
- Add the spaghetti sauce into the sauce, in a big pot. Mix it thoroughly and leave it for 5 minutes for the sauce to enter the spaghetti
- Ready to serve and enjoy :)
It is an easy to cook dinner. I can assure this as I remember being forced to cook this dish without knowledge and guidance from my mother directly, other than her messaging the ingredients and instructions through the phone. Nonetheless, it was successful and still tasted amazing. You can keep leftovers in a tight container and placing it in the fridge for the next day.