This is Kiwi. Passionate writer who loves to write about different topics and likes to share and help others with simple tips.
Moroccan Harira is the official traditional soup in Morocco, usually prepared in
Ramadan, the month of fasting.
This soup is made of nutritious and healthful ingredients.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
Serves 4 people
- 1 cup chickpeas, soaked in water and peeled
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 cups small dry pasta noodles
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, crushed
- 1 bunch coriander + parsley, chopped
- 150g whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 50g meat, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a stewpan, add meat cubes, chickpeas, lentils, onion, olive oil and all spices then stir.
- Add water until all ingredients are covered. Let it cook for about 30 min on medium heat.
- Then, add coriander+parsley, crushed tomatoes and bring the mixture to a boil.
- After that, you add the wheat flour bit by bit and keep stiring until you get a thick batter.
- Add small dry pasta noodles, and bring your mixture to a simmer.
- serve the Harira with dates,fig, and some lemon.
© 2021 Kiwi Berry
Kiwi Berry (author) on April 25, 2021:
I am going to edit it thank you. It is about 150g
Mallika Lotus from Hyderabad, India on April 24, 2021:
What is the quantity of whole wheat flour? That is not mentioned in the article.