Hi, my name is Naveen Singh, I am staying in Bangalore. I am Hotel Management graduate, passout from CIHMCT, Chandigarh .
Mirchi Bada images - Top to bottom
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
A pinch Hing:
- 6 nos Long green chilli, Slit from centre
- 3 nos Medium size potato, Washed & boiled
- 10 nos Curry leaf
- 150 ml Refined oil, For frying purpose
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds, For tempering potato
- As per taste Salt
- 200 Gms Besan or Gram flour, For making batter
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 6 nos Green chilli, Chopped
- 50 Gms Green coriander, Chopped
- 2 nos Onion, Chopped
- 1 Tsp Ajwain seeds
- Firstly, take potato & wash it in running water then keep it for boiling in the pressure cooker with sufficient water in the cooker . Cook ,untill you get 3 whistles.
- Now remove the potato from the pressure cooker and keep it aside for getting cool.
- In the other side take a skillet or frying pan add refined oil 30 ml and make it hot on medium heat then add cumin seed when it starts crackling add a pinch of hing & curry leaf,now add chopped onion cook till it become translucent then add chopped chilli and turmeric powder then add the grated or mashed boiled potato toss well and add the salt as per taste. Now keep the potato mixture aside and let it be cool & garnish with chopped coriander leaf.
- Meanwhile we will take Banana chilli and will wash it nicely first then start slitting it one by one,Remove the seeds and membrane from the chilli completely & keep aside.
- Take Gram flour/ Besan ( quantity mentioned in the ingredient list) add a TSP of ajwain seeds , 1 TSP of turmeric powder, salt as per taste and mix it well with water to form a thick consistency.
- Now take a Banana chilli and start stuffing it nicely with the potato mixture made in the step 3. Repeat the process till you finish the potato mixture & chilli .
- Now take the stuffed banana chillies one by one and start dipping it nicely in the Gram flour/ besan mixture .
- Now heat the remaining oil in the frying pan on medium heat. Add the stuffed potato mixture chilli dipped in besan/ gram flour in the heated oil one by one for frying,let it fry nicely from all the sides then remove it from the oil and keep it in the kitchen towel or napkin paper to remove the excess of oil,repeat the process untill you finish it.
- Now take a serving plate cut the Mirch Bada ( stuffed banana chilli fritters) into even pieces or serve whole with tomato ketchup.
© 2021 Naveen Kumar Singh