Sydney Spence enjoys trying to new recipes and sharing her own family recipes with others.
Quick and Easy Snacks
Pretty much everyone loves popcorn and even more like it with caramel so, here's an easy way to make caramel corn and believe it or not you can make it in the microwave.
The kids will love the snack at their birthday party, adults will munch on the caramel pieces while cheering on their favorite football team, and mom will appreciate the time saving recipe while she prepares the holiday meal.
Use your imagination for more ways to "spruce up" this snack by adding chocolate drizzle or using pieces on cupcakes and more! Hmm hmm delectable!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Makes one large bowl
- 1 Gallon Popped Popcorn
- 1 Stick Melted Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Corn Syrup
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Peanuts
- Use two large brown paper bags, doubled up, to pour popped popcorn in.
- Combine butter, sugar, syrup, salt – bring to boil in microwave dish for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda.
- STIR QUICKLY!! (Will look foamy)
- Pour into bag with popcorn.
- Shake to coat.
- Cook another 1 ½ minutes by removing from bag and placing in oven.
- Remove from oven and put back in doubled paper bag.
- Shake again.
- Pour onto wax paper and let cool.
- Add peanuts if desired.
Caramel Corn Goes Great with My Party Punch Recipe
- Fast and Easy to Make Halloween Party Punch
Looking for a special drink recipe for your next Halloween Party? Here's one that's easy to make and tastes great!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2012 Sydney Spence