Having a meatless Monday might be easier than you think. First of all, it doesn’t have to be a Monday. You can skip meat any day you want! Secondly, you might already be doing it without knowing. Each time you eat your Alfredo without the chicken, or you skip the bacon on your sandwich, you’re eating a plant based meal. It really is easier than you think!
1. Eating less meat and more vegetables/fruit reduces the risk of stroke and heart disease.
2. Since red meats increase the risk of cancer, you’re safer on that, too.
3. Diets that are low in meat are proven to reduce the risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
4. The reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. Greenhouse gases are the primary source for global warming, and meat happens to produce a lot of greenhouse gases.
5. Saving the animals! Each person that has a meatless Monday every week saves 3.5 animals a year. Imagine if you had a meatless day three times a week!
6. Lastly, skipping meat just one day a week can save you money!
Try it out — you might just enjoy it!