My focus is to write, create and share recipes that are healthy.
- 4 cans Palmini Hearts of Palm Lasagna Sheets
- 1 pound ground meat (beef, turkey, pork, chicken)
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 - (32-0z.) jars marinara
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 ½ pounds mushrooms (portobello, white button mushroms, etc.)
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher sea salt, divided, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pound Fresh parmesan cheese grated
- 16 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound Fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- In a dutch oven brown the ground meat, Italian sausage, garlic, onions, and green bell peppers.
- Season with salt, ground black pepper, Italian seasoning, and 2 tbsp parsley. Add the marinara sauce to the meat mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the ricotta cheese, eggs, remaining parsley and ½ tsp salt.
- Assemble the lasagne by spreading the meat sauce across the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Layer 1/2 each, palmini lasagna sheets, ricotta mix, meat sauce, zucchini, mushrooms, sliced mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layering. Topping the last layer of noodles with meat sauce, Parmesan, and mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
© 2021 Julie Carag
Scroll to Continue