The primary ingredient in french fries is potato which is rich in nutrients. It contains carbohydrates, protein, minerals, and also contains vitamin C which is good for the immune system. It is rich in nutrients but calories are low.
French fries are a regular side dish in drive-through restaurants, burger joints, and at home, eaten up as a regular snack. Some of the commercial cooks or chefs took frozen french fries that may be made with additional frills, for example, corn starch, rice flour, and gram flour.
But keep in mind that there are no advantages of taking fries except for you can have them as a cheat feast on occasion.
Fundamentally French fries become an awful choice since they are high in fat, broiled in oil (virtue of that you can envision if eating outside) and salt content is exceptionally high that is risky for you. It also have lots of disadvantages, but risk can be lowered if you take them in particular manner.
Making snack at home can reduced the risk factor because you can add stuff on your choice. Lots of us love to make french fries at home and adding some flavor to our fries, make our snack award-winning snack. So today I am going to share a recipe of mayo garlic french fries with you guys, this recipe is so simple, and once you made mayo garlic fries everyone going to fall in love with the snack.
The ingredients are so simple and full-time available in your home too. This recipe takes a small effort to ready. Less time consume and the delish recipe is ready to serve. Make sure you chose fresh potatoes to make delicious fries.
THINGS YOU NEED:
- 2 potatoes, washed.
- 2 cups water.
- 2 cups cold water.
- Salt to taste.
- 4tablespoons mayonnaise.
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or you can use half a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes.
- 3 tablespoons of cornflour / all-purpose flour/ gram flour.
- Oil for frying.
- Wash your potatoes, peel them, sliced them into fingers, and wash them again.
- TIP: Potato peel is rich in nutrients so if you don't want to remove the peel, it's totally fine with it.
- Boil 2 cups of water and add sliced potatoes to it.
- Let it boil for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the sliced potatoes.
- After 3-5 minutes, take out your potatoes and put them in cold water for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes take out your sliced potatoes, and spread them in in clean towel, clothe, or tissue paper for about 5 minutes.
- After that take a clean bowel add sliced potato, crushed garlic, black pepper, red chili, mayonnaise, cornflour, and salt.
- Mix them all thoroughly. Add a little bit of water if you needed to make the better stick to the fries completely. It will look like a creamy texture.
- Add oil to the pan.
- Let it be heated on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add prepared sliced potatoes to the pan.
- Cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Stir your fries gently so they can not be stick to each other.
- Turn up your flame high.
- Cook until the fries become crispy. Keep stirring after an interval so the fries cookies from all sides.
- If you notice the fries are becoming crispy and the color changes to golden or light brown take them out from the pan.
- Your hot, spicy, and crispy mayo garlic fries are ready.
- Sprinkle with chat masala, it's optional.
- Serve with mayonnaise, ketchup, or any other thing you want to eat.
- Enjoy your snack and share happiness.
Nutrition and risk factor
For french fries are rich in calories and nutrients but research shows some very harmful side effects of French fries. So one should be more conscious while taking the fries.
This is risks of eating French fries;
- It can make you fat.
- Starch in potatoes and fat in oil make to raise blood pressure.
- It contains n high amount of trans fat which can increase inflammation.
- A carcinogenic neurotoxin chemical named acrylamide found in fried food can cause cancer.
- French fries are high in sodium and phosphorous which can lead to osteoporosis.
- Eating too much-fried food can cause cardiovascular disease.
- So please do not take too many fried snacks in your diet. Make theme so the risk of disease may be reduced.