Nyesha loves writing about cooking/recipes, restaurants, movies, weddings, and poetry.
Recipe for How to Make Maple Roasted Chicken
HOW TO MAKE MAPLE ROASTED CHICKEN
RECIPE FOR HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUS MAPLE ROASTED CHICKEN, MADE WITH MAPLE SYRUP
Maple roasted chicken is one of my favorites! Chicken recipes are abundant. People like to cook chicken in a variety of different ways. Would you like to learn how to make maple roasted chicken? This how to make maple roasted chicken recipe highlights just one of the many ways that you can prepare a whole chicken.
- Chicken is a meat commonly eaten in the USA and throughout the world.
- Thanks for visiting the page for this how to make maple chicken recipe. I hope that you'll enjoy reading through the maple roasted chicken recipe and viewing the roast chicken food photos below.
- Chicken cooked this way, with maple syrup, is so delicious!
Recipe for How To Make Maple Roasted Chicken
RECIPE FOR HOW TO MAKE MAPLE ROASTED CHICKEN
Maple roasted chicken is so scrumptious. This is great food! Maple roasted chicken is both sweet and savory and maple roasted chicken is just absolutely delicious! This chicken looks appetizing as well and you will love to place this appealing maple roasted chicken on your dinner table. Contained here in this hub is a recipe for how to make maple roasted chicken, with maple syrup.
- Do you like foods that are enhanced with the flavor of delicious maple syrup?
- If so, then this how to make delicious maple roasted chicken recipe is for you!
The inspiration for this maple roasted chicken recipe is the Boston Market rotisserie chicken which I love. I looked up the nutritional facts for those Boston Market chickens to see what is used to make the chickens taste so very good.
The main ingredients for the seasoning of the maple roasted chicken are both salt and sugar. I had roasted many chickens and had never put sugar on a roasted chicken before.
I decided to give it a try for this how to make maple roasted chicken recipe.
- So when you think about how to make maple roasted chicken, keep in mind that it is quite sweet.
- You can significantly reduce the amount of sweet ingredients added to the roast chicken to suit your dietary needs if necessary.
Making a maple roasted chicken has become one of my favorite ways to prepare a roasted chicken. I also very much enjoy cooking roasted chicken with orange slices as I discuss in another recipe hub.
Who doesn't love maple syrup?!
Cooking with maple syrup
Everybody just loves maple syrup and maple syrup recipes are becoming more and more popular.
Cook Time for MAPLE ROASTED CHICKEN
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 40 min
1 hour 55 min
Varies. Approximately 3 ounces is a serving
Instructions for how to make maple roasted chicken
- I usually recommend a Perdue oven stuffer chicken for making a maple roasted chicken. Wash the chicken well with water and a tablespoon of vinegar.
- Make sure that all giblets of the chicken have been removed and wash the bird's cavity as well.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and rub with a variety of spices and seasoning powders, You can use 1 teaspoon of jerk seasoning if it is easy to find where you are located as well as more common seasonings such as
Seasoning adding delicious flavor to maple roasted chicken
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinammon
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
This may seem like a lot but you will be imparting a lot of delicious flavor and your maple roasted chicken will be anything but bland!
Instructions for how to make maple roasted chicken continued
4. After you have rubbed all of the seasoning generously on the chicken, bake the maple roasted chicken in a roasting pan in an oven preheated to 400 degrees.
5. After the first 20 minutes, reduce the heat to 375 and remove the chicken from the oven to baste it.
6. Pour some of the chicken's drippings on top of the chicken so that it does not get dried out and burned at the top while cooking.
7. At this point, also take 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and spread on the chicken skin with a glazing brush.
8. Return the chicken to the oven and after an additional 20 minutes of cooking time, reduce the heat once more, now to 350.
9. Remove the maple roasted chicken from the oven again and glaze once more with another 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
10. Return the maple roasted chicken to the oven and after 50-60 more minutes remove.
This slow roasting process will make the maple roasted chicken very tender and delicious.
Total time in the oven for a 6-7 pound maple roasted chicken is approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes.
Chicken baked to a crisp
Delicious moist and never dry maple roasted chicken, basted with drippings
Please rate this chicken recipe
1. Slow cooked maple-roast chicken recipe from Waitrose
2. Maple Glazed Chicken recipe video
3. yummy and easy maple syrup chicken
© 2011 Nyesha Pagnou MPH
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on August 19, 2013:
You're welcome. Thanks for commenting!
Hello, hello, from London, UK on April 02, 2011:
That sounds great. Thankyou.
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on April 01, 2011:
gr82bme, Eiddwen and Nancy's Niche, I'm so glad you guys like the sound of using the maple syrup as a glaze. Enjoy trying the recipe and thanks so much for posting comments.
Nancy's Niche on April 01, 2011:
The thought of Maple Syrup, accompanied by your pictures, made my mouth water. Great recipe, I will definitely be trying this one; thanks for sharing…
Eiddwen from Wales on April 01, 2011:
Mmm sounds and looks delicious. I can't wait to give this one a try.
gr82bme from USA on March 31, 2011:
Fantastic. I can not wait to make this maple roasted chicken. thank you for the recipe