I love to create and share nutritious recipes with the world.
- 9-12 cooked scallops
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- green onions to taste
- 5 slices of mushrooms
Heat butter in a pan. Once the butter has melted, add cooked scallops and saute for a few seconds.
Move the scallops to a side of the pan and break the eggs into the pan. Once the eggs are half cooked, scramble it and mix it with the scallops. Let the eggs cook completely. Stir often to prevent eggs from sticking to the pan. While stirring the eggs, add salt, pepper and chopped green onions. Once the eggs have cooked completely, transfer the contents of the pan to a dining bowl.
Slice mushrooms and place them in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover the bowl and cook on high for 2-3 min. Then, place the cooked mushrooms over the eggs and scallops mix in the dining bowl.
Enjoy the easy-to-make yummy meal packed with nutrients.
- Mushrooms are rich in B vitamins that are essential for overall health and well being.
- Scallops are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B12.
- Both mushrooms and scallops are rich in selenium, a micronutrient and antioxidant that plays a major role in thyroid, cardiovascular and cognitive health. Selenium also helps prevent cancer and reduce obesity.
- Eggs are a complete source of protein as they contain all the essential amino acids.
The dish tastes good even without mushrooms. So, feel free to skip it if you want to. This will be necessary if you are preparing the meal for someone allergic to mushrooms.
For each question, choose the best answer. The answer key is below.
- Selenium plays an essential role in thyroid health.
- What is the total number of essential amino acids:
© 2021 Angel Writes