|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 250 Gms Paneer
- 1 No Egg
- 25 Gms Cashewnuts, chopped
- 15 Gms White sesame seeds
- 1/2 bunch coriander leaf, chopped
- 1 Nos Lime juice
- As per taste Salt
- 5 Gms Red chili powder
- 5 Gms Ginger/Garlic, Paste
- 50 Gms Tomato Puree
- 15 Gms Melon Seeds
- 07 Gms Garam Masala, whole
- 07 Gms Coriander Powder
- 05 Gms Kasoori Methi
- 60 Ml Refined Oil, for frying
- Firstly, keep paneer(cottage cheese) in the room temperature. Cut 150 Gms paneer into thin slices, then mash the remaining 50 Gms paneer, add 1 lime juice, Chopped/crushed cashewnuts, salt as per taste + chopped green coriander and red chili powder, after mixing nicely, keep the mixture ready aside.
- Now, keep the 35 ml refined oil in the skillet and make it hot on the medium flame, start frying the paneer slices, one by one till that gets finish & after frying dip all the paneer slices in the cold water & keep aside.
- Now, take the paneer mixture(step 1) put the mixture in the fried paneer thin slices and start rolling it one by one till it gets finish. Dip the prepared paneer rolls first, in the egg batter then in the all purpose flour( refined flour) mixture.
- Now, start rolling all the paneer rolls on white sesame seeds, so that it gets completely covered with sesame seeds. Start frying the rolls again in the heated oil till it gets light brown color.
- After frying keep all the rolls in the strainer to remove the excess oil. now, start cutting the paneer rolls, into thick round slices one by one.
- Now, take the kadhai, add 25 ml refined oil for sautéing purpose. add whole gram masala, when they starts crackling, add chopped onions and fry till it become light brown in color, add ginger/garlic paste, red chilly powder + coriander powder then fry for 2 minutes, add melon seeds paste and tomato puree fry till it leaves the oil/Rogan on the top, add little water and simmer for 10 minutes. check the seasoning & the taste & remove it from the fire.
- Pour the gravy on the serving platter and arrange the paneer rolls slices over it, garnish with green coriander and serve hot with steamed rice on laccha paratha.
© 2021 Naveen Kumar Singh