What could go wrong?
While many people choose traditional methods such as baking or roasting a turkey for their Thanksgiving meals, others opt to deep fry the turkey whole. Deep frying is a very popular alternative to traditional ways of oven roasting, yet without proper thawing the turkeys could end roasting you.
Ways to thaw turkey safely
The quick and in a hurry method:
- read the user manual for the microwave to find the required temperature and time depending on the weight of the turkey
The way of water:
- Use cold water to prevent bacteria growth
- around 30-45 minutes per pound of turkey
- place in container or sink that has been sterilized and without any soap residue
In the fridge:
- keep turkey in bag or container it came in
- For every 5lb of turkey allow at least 24 hours of thawing time before eating
© 2020 Pace Yoder