I love to create and share nutritious recipes with the world.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 green chili chopped
- spinach puree
- 1/2 cup lentils (I used masoor dal)
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp five-spice mix powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- a pinch of pepper powder
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green beans
- 1 cup green peas
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the chopped onion and saute till it turns translucent. Add green chilli and saute till the raw smell fades away.
- Mix in the pureed spinach and red lentils. Add in the salt and spices.
- Let the lentils cook well for 20-30 minutes. Once cooked, the lentils will be completely mashed and blended with the spinach.
- Add the veggies and let them cook completely. Adjust the salt and spices as needed.
- Now, enjoy your meal :-)
- Spinach is rich in iron, vitamins A, B, C, E, K, and low in calories making it extremely beneficial to health.
- Lentils are rich in proteins and are a safer source of protein than artificial protein powders.
- The addition of veggies in this dish makes it a nutrient-packed meal :-)
Tastes good as
Scroll to Continue
- Curry for rice
- Side dish for roti
- Bread spread
- A soupy meal