Ranch-Style Lemon-Dill Dressing Recipe
I started making this dressing years ago as a vegan alternative to the ranch-style mayo-and-milk dressing called for in "Layered Vegetable Salad" (Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book). It has since become a family favorite. It works beautifully with tossed and layered lettuce-based salads, as well as with broccoli salad. It doubles as a dip too—the perfect complement to a veggie tray. I always get compliments and recipe requests when I take this to a party.
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
1/3 cup dressing
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo, like Veganaise or Just Mayo
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh-squeezed or bottled
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill or 1/2 teaspoon finely minced fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional, adds a ranch-like flavor)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
- Using a spatula, pour/scrape the ingredients into a serving or storage container.
- Store covered in a refrigerator for up to one week.
Rate This Recipe
© 2017 Stacy Becker
Fay Cooke on November 08, 2017:
This sounds fab! I will definitely be giving this a go.
Tom Lohr from Magdalena, NM on November 08, 2017:
Finally. I have been looking for a vegan ranch dressing recipe that actually tastes good. You are a godsend to the vegan community.