I love Indian food and I like to experiment and try different Indian cuisines.
Ingredients For Egg Khandoli
Are you tired of eating the typical bread and omelet for your breakfast every other day? Well this article will add that extra spice and flavor to your egg to make it more delicious. For preparing this Egg Khandoli dish, we need following ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 3 bread slices
- Tomato sauce as per taste
- 6 tea spoons of onion masala (masala means spice in the Marathi language). You can easily buy it online if you are living outside India. Indians can get it from local grocery stores as well as from online platforms.
- Coriander leaves as per taste.
- 2 medium sized onions.
- Edible oil
This quantity is sufficient for preparing a breakfast for two people, but you can always increase or decrease the quantity as per your choice. Also important thing to note here is that the key ingredient here is the Kolhapuri onion garlic spice which is known as Kolhapuri Kanda Lahsun Masala in regional language in India.
Actual Steps for Preparing Kolhapuri Egg Khandoli
- Cut two medium size onions into round slices and wash them with water.
- Finely chop 1 bowl of fresh green coriander leaves. These leaves will later be used for garnishing purpose. Also coriander is good source to increase blood hemoglobin level.
- Place the cooking pan on gas stove and heat it on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once the pan is sufficiently hot, add 1 tea spoon of edible oil to it.
- Break 1 egg and spread the yolk and egg white evenly in the pan and place one bread slice immediately on top of it. The idea here is to wrap the egg layer all round the bread slice.
- Once the bread slice is well roasted on both the sides, take it out into a serving plate and cut it into smaller pieces with a knife.
- Then add the Kolhapuri onion garlic spice, and sauce on top of it.
- Garnish the dish with coriander leaves and onion slices.
- If you are not a big fan of tomato sauce, you can add a sauce of your choice but then it wont taste like the authentic Kolhapuri Khandoli.
- You can repeat these steps for the other two egg and bread slices.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves one adult 3 slices of Egg Khandoli
Precautions & Health Benefits
- If you have less tolerance to spices or suffering from any form of ulcer or intestine problems, please consult your doctor before trying this dish.
- People who are allergic to certain type of breads should make the bread selection accordingly.
- This easy to make recipe is a good source of proteins and energy especially in the winter days.
- You get all the health benefits associated with eating eggs in addition to the unique taste which this recipe adds to your taste buds!
- The spices added in this recipe aid in digestion.
Happy Cooking & Happy Eating!
It is a very simple yet tasty recipe for spice lovers and you should try it at least once. Do share your feedback if you liked it.
Your Feedback Matters!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Shrikant Jadhav