A lover of all things chocolate: from the simplicity of fine chocolate squares to the sumptuous baking of chocolate treats to share!
What makes the best Chocolate Slice?
The best chocolate slice is easy, sumptuous and packed full of flavour. Chocolate slice tops the list for parties, morning tea, afternoon tea and dessert. If you are a fan of dreamy, melt -in-your-mouth chocolatey deliciousness, then read on to see how you can make this slice so easily. A little slice of chocolate paradise!
Why chocolate slice makes a great treat.
Cut into squares, this versatile slice makes a great dish for entertaining at home, at friends and family's gatherings, dessert or as a delicious treat!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Chocolate Slice Ingredients:
- 500 grams Self Raising Flour
- 225 grams Castor Sugar
- 175 grams Dessicated Coconut
- 65 grams Cocoa Powder
- 300 grams Melted Butter
- 3 medium Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
200 grams Icing sugar
75 grams Margarine
50 grams Cocoa Powder
Few Drops of Milk
Extra Coconut (for Dusting)
Ready to Start
- .Pre-heat the oven to 165 C/ 330 F (fan-forced) or 175 C/ 350 F(convection oven).
- Combine flour, sugar, coconut and cocoa in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and add melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix until combined and press into a 30cm x 20cm greased slice tin.
- Bake for 14 mins until cooked or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool before icing.
- For the Icing: Using an electric mixer, beat icing sugar, cocoa powder and margarine together in a mixing bowl, for 4 minutes, scraping down sides occasionally.
- Once combined, add small drops of milk, little by little and continue to beat until the icing is a spreadable consistency. Spread icing onto top of cooled slice and sprinkle with extra coconut to decorate. Enjoy your dreamy creation!
Sweet or Savoury for Afternoon Tea?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2013 Sunnylisa