I love to create and share nutritious recipes with the world.
Wheat and Oat Flour Orange Cake
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup oats flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange purée (fibre part)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Orange Cake Baked With Healthy Flours
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a bowl, take oil, milk, brown sugar and whisk together till the sugar dissolves. Add the orange zest and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the whole wheat flour, oats flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add 1 egg to the bowl with the wet ingredients and whisk.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour mix) to the other bowl with wet ingredients. Add it little by little and combine with a whisk until no lumps are seen.
- Add the orange juice and vanilla extract. Combine all the ingredients together.
- Butter a baking dish of your choice and pour the cake batter. Let it bake for 20-25 min.
- Check if the cake is done. It is well baked if a knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. If not, adjust the time and bake until the cake is fully done.
- Let it cool. Then serve it as a solo snack or with some hot drink.
A piece of orange cake
- Add some raisins and/or nuts for a fruit and nut flavour.
- Use juicy sweet oranges or clementines for a yummier taste.