I love to create and share nutritious recipes with the world.
Oats Banana Bread Cake
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 ripe large bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a baking dish of your choice
- In a bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
- Whisk together the sugar, beaten egg, butter and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Then, add the mashed bananas to this and whisk again.
- In a separate bowl, add the oats and all purpose flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture little by little and stir or whisk until smooth. The baking batter is now ready.
- Transfer the batter to the buttered baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Insert a knife in and check if the cake is done. When fully baked, the knife inserted will come out clean.
- If the cake is not done, bake it until well done by adjusting the time accordingly.
- Serve the healthy treat as a solo snack or with some hot drink.
- Use 1 1/2 cup of oats flour and omit the all-purpose flour for a healthier version of the cake.
- Use very ripe bananas to make the cake tastier.
- Make fresh oat flour at home using a high speed blender. I use magic bullet dry mixer to make fresh homemade flour.
- Mix in a choice of your favourite nuts and raisins to the batter to add some extra crunchy, yummy, and healthy flavours to the cake.
Make it now
Will you bake this healthy cake?
© 2021 Angel Writes