What is Coco Milk Tea?
Have you ever thought of drinking a refreshing drink while staying healthy? During this hot summer season, cold refreshing drinks are being sold like hot pan cakes. If you are a person who loves to create concoctions, liquors, or any drink in that matter; or you might be a chef or a cook that likes to create different types of beverage then making a Coco milk tea would be good for you especially this hot summer season. This type of drink is great during summer season while sun bathing on a beautiful white sand beach. I can imagine it now, cold drinks, hot babes, and a gorgeous resort.
In this hub, I will teach you how to make a good drink named Coco milk tea. Take down notes for items that you are going to use and what ingredients you will need. I will also provide the nutritional value of this wonderful drink.
Scrumptious Coco milk tea
Ingredients used for Coco milk tea:
- 2 cups Jasmine Green Tea, cooled
- 2 cups Coconut milk
- 2 table spoons condensed milk, sweetened
Ingredients and preparation
- The items that you will need are a small pitcher, a stirrer, and drinking glasses where you can place the prepared drink.
- Prior to preparing this drink makes sure that you already cooled the Jasmine green tea.
- Take note that you can increase the volume of liquid that you will be preparing as long as it has an equal portion with coconut milk. For this example, I will be preparing 4 servings of coco milk tea so I will be using 2 cups of Jasmine green tea and 2 cups of coconut milk.
- In the pitcher, mix the coconut milk and the jasmine green tea.
- Mix it well until it is evenly distributed.
- Afterwards, add 2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk.
- As I mentioned if you will be serving a huge crowd increase the contents of your ingredients.
- Once you noticed that all the ingredients have already been mixed well, it is your option if you would like to add cooked tapioca bubbles. Just don’t forget to add ice in your refreshing drink.
Coco milk tea rating
Nutritional value of coco milk tea
Coconut milk is a good replacement for regular cow’s milk especially for people who have dairy allergies or lactose intolerance. Coconut milk is used in cooking especially in Asian and Indian cooking. It is also used in tropical beverages and it is a good milk to use for smoothies. Coconut milk also has enriched calcium, vitamin B-12 and vitamin D, folate, zinc, magnesium, iron, and selenium; compared to milk which is high in calories and fat. What separate them both are healthy fatty acids that are not found in milk. These fatty acids are found in coconut milk which contains lauric acid which is then turned into monolaurin in the human body. Monolaurin has good benefits in our body; it serves as antiviral, antibacterial and antiprotozoal activities against strains of staphylococcus and listeria. Staphylococcus is a known bacterium that causes skin infections and respiratory diseases. Whereas listeria is a genus of bacteria that causes a relatively rare bacterial disease called “listeriosis”.
Jasmine green tea on the other hand has its own benefits in the human body. Research shows that jasmine green tea helps cure and prevent ailments. All green teas including jasmine green tea contains a compound called Epigallocatechin gallate or also known as EGCG. This compound has been linked to cancer preventions. Research also shows that green teas when taken regularly prevent cancer recurrence for cancer patients. EGCG also has the ability to kill leukemia cancer cells. Jasmine green tea also contains Catechins, an antioxidant that is a very powerful substance that neutralizes the free radicals in our body that can damage DNA and cause cancer. This antioxidant can also prevent blood clots and atherosclerosis. Additional research shows that consuming green tea can reduce risk for type 2 diabetes. This is because green tea supports glucose metabolism which results to decreased blood glucose.
Having this type of drink is an excellent menu during the summer season. Not only it is delicious, it contains a very unique taste that also provides good benefits in the human body.
Coco milk preparation time frame
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
© 2013 mike_online08