Delicious and simple recipes for cooking lovers. Cook with love, and you will certainly succeed!
Pesto is the famous green Italian sauce with a bright, refreshing taste. Classic pesto sauce is a versatile addition that is served to pasta dishes, fish and meat dishes, poultry and vegetables. Thanks to its delicate piquant taste, the simplest dish served with pesto will acquire an exquisite Mediterranean accent.
|Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
70 g fresh basil leaves (1 large bunch)
3 garlic cloves
70 g pine nuts (or walnuts)
150 g grated hard cheese (such as parmesan cheese)
100 ml olive oil
Salt, to taste
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine all the ingredients except the olive oil and cheese.
3. Press the Pulse mode button until the ingredients are mixed into a slightly coarse paste.
4. Transfer the green sauce from the bowl of a food processor to a bowl and add the olive oil and grated cheese.
5. Ready-made classic pesto sauce is served with pasta, as an independent snack, as well as with meat, fish or vegetable dishes.
A pleasant appetite to you!
1. In pesto sauce, walnuts often replace pine nuts, which are not exactly budget-friendly. You can also use cashews, pistachios, almonds, or even pumpkin seeds in the recipe.
2. Instead of basil, you can use any kind of greens — parsley, coriander, mint, spinach, cabbage, arugula to your taste.
3. As for cheese, it is best to use hard cheeses such as Parmesan, but you can also experiment with other aged hard cheeses, including those made from sheep's milk.