Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Paneer Sweet Corn Curry
A Yummy Curry With Many Health Benefits
Eating paneer sweet corn curry has many health benefits. The main ingredients used in this curry are paneer, sweet corn, and spices.
Paneer is an excellent source of protein and folate. It helps to strengthen bones and teeth. Also, it reduces blood sugar levels. It boosts weight loss and heart health. It helps to improve digestion.
Sweet corn is an energy enhancer. It is rich in vitamin B 12, folic acid, and iron that helps to form red blood cells in the body. It helps to reduce blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels. Each of the spices I used in this curry has its property that benefits the human body.
Making this paneer sweet corn curry was easy. It took me about 40 minutes to make it for 4 people. This curry is bright-colored, spicy, silky, and flavorful. Enjoy this curry with flatbread or aromatic steamed rice.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 corncobs, grated
- 1 cup paneer, washed, cut into 1-cm cubes
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2-inch ginger, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black pepper, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 pinches cinnamon powder, optional, gives good flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or as per taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- In a mixer jar, add chopped tomatoes and ginger. Grind to get a smooth paste. Collect it in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Grate the corn cobs. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep-bottomed pan. While keeping the heat at medium-low, add paneer cubes. Saute them until they become firm and light golden-brown. Remove them and collect them on a plate. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, throw in cumin seeds. Let them crackle. Add tomato paste and some salt. Saute over low heat until the paste becomes thick.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, sugar, crushed black pepper, cinnamon powder, and remaining salt.
- Saute the mixture on low heat until the mixture starts to leave the oil on the edges. Add grated sweet corn. Mix well. Cook the mixture until it becomes almost dry.
- Add 2 cups of water. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and simmer it for 2 minutes. Add paneer and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well. Saute the mixture for a few seconds. Turn off the heat.
- Your favorite paneer sweet corn curry is ready to serve! Transfer it to a serving dish. Serve it hot with flatbreads or aromatic rice. Enjoy the combo!
ShailaSheshadri (author) from Bengaluru on February 20, 2020:
Thanks for reading my hub. I appreciate your comments.
Anya Ali from Rabwah, Pakistan on February 19, 2020:
ShailaSheshadri (author) from Bengaluru on February 17, 2020:
Thanks for reading. Yes! This paneer-sweet corn curry is flavorful and delicious. Try it!
Umesh Chandra Bhatt from Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, India on February 16, 2020:
Very interesting recipe. Paneer recipes are generally delicious with Indian spices.