Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives or artificial colors.
A Delicious Curry with Many Health Benefits
Paneer sweetcorn curry is very delicious and nutrient-dense. The main ingredients that go into this recipe are paneer, sweet corn, and spices. All these ingredients are nutritious. Eating this curry has many health benefits.
Paneer is an excellent source of protein and folate. It helps to strengthen bones and teeth.
Sweet corn is an energy enhancer. It is rich in vitamin B 12, folic acid, and iron which helps to form red blood cells in the body.
Paneer sweet corn curry is easy to make. It took me about 40 minutes to make it for 4 people. The curry came out bright-colored, spicy, silky, and flavorful.
Serve this curry hot with flatbread or aromatic steamed rice.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 corncobs, grated
- 1 cup paneer, washed, cut into 1-cm cubes
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2-inch ginger, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black pepper, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 pinches cinnamon powder, optional, gives good flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or as per taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Add chopped tomatoes and ginger to a mixer jar. Grind it to get a smooth paste. Collect it in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Grate the corn cobs.
- Heat the oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Keeping the pan at medium heat, add paneer cubes. Saute until the paneer cubes become firm and light golden brown. Remove and collect them on a plate. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, add cumin seeds. Let them crackle. Add tomato paste and some salt. Saute it over low heat until the paste becomes thick.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, sugar, crushed black pepper, cinnamon powder, and remaining salt.
- Continue to saute the mixture on low heat until the mixture starts to leave the oil on the edges. Add grated sweet corn. Mix well. Cook the mixture until it becomes almost dry.
- Add 2 cups of water. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add paneer and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well. Saute the mixture for a few seconds. Turn off the heat.
- Your favorite paneer sweet corn curry is ready to serve! Transfer it to a serving dish. Serve it hot with flatbreads or aromatic rice. Enjoy the combo!
ShailaSheshadri (author) from Bengaluru on February 20, 2020:
Thanks for reading my hub. I appreciate your comments.
Anya Ali from Rabwah, Pakistan on February 19, 2020:
ShailaSheshadri (author) from Bengaluru on February 17, 2020:
Thanks for reading. Yes! This paneer-sweet corn curry is flavorful and delicious. Try it!
Umesh Chandra Bhatt from Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, India on February 16, 2020:
Very interesting recipe. Paneer recipes are generally delicious with Indian spices.