I love to create and share nutritious recipes with the world.
Orange Raisin Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- raisins as needed
Baked N Ready
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Take a large bowl and mix the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk the oil and orange juice together, followed by the milk, yogurt, orange zest and sugar.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and whisk them all together. To this, add some vanilla extract and raisins. The cake batter is now ready.
- Brush a baking dish with oil and butter. Add the cake batter to the baking dish and place it in the oven. Let it bake for 20 min. Check if the cake is done. If not, adjust the timer and let the cake bake until a knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve with a drink or as a solo snack.
Make N Munch
Tips To Note
- Be generous with the amount of raisins as it enhances the flavour greatly.
- Use mandarin or clementine oranges to add a healthy sweet flavour to the cake.