Sushi is a famous Japanese food that has spread in all countries of the world, most likely. No one does not like it. So let's make this delicious food in the easiest way.
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 small spoon sesame oil
- 1 small spoon salt
- 3 small spoon sugar
- 1 Piece carrots, optional
- 1 Piece cucumber
- 1 Piece avocado
- 4 small pieces smoked salmon
- 4 Piece nori paper
- 2 Tablespoon cream cheese
How to make sushi
- Wash a cup of rice, then cook the rice .
- After we cook the rice, we put a tablespoon of rice vinegar on it (if you do not find rice vinegar, use regular vinegar, but a teaspoon) .
- Put a few drops of sesame oil on the rice, then put a teaspoon of salt and two or three teaspoons of sugar as desired.
- We mix all these ingredients with rice .
- Peel the carrots, then chop the avocado, cucumber and carrot lengthwise .
- Now all the ingredients are ready, let's start making sushi .
- Put the nori paper and spread the rice on it and distribute the rice evenly on it
- Spread the cream cheese in the middle of the nori paper, then spread the smoked fish on top of it lengthwise .
- We put avocado, cucumber and carrots with it .
- We start wrapping now, we roll it hard and press it well so that it does not spoil the shape. You can use the plastic sushi maker .
- After we wrapped it in pieces, but it is better to use a sharp knife .
Ok, now we're done with the sushi, let's get to know the history of that recipe.
I will tell you now a shocking thing is that the origins of sushi go back thousands of years to the rice fields of Asia in China .
This is strange. It is true that we all think that sushi was first created in Japan, but this is not the truth, as it traces its origins back to a Chinese dish called narizushi.
Narizushi consists of pickled rice and salted fish. This dates back to the second century BC. It was made hundreds of years before the refrigerator, so it is a very practical dish in this period. Fish was salted to prevent bacterial growth so that it remained fresh even when stored without refrigeration, and the rice was brewed to preserve it. And it was discarded when eating fish, which means that they used it in packaging only .
And then sushi moved to Japan and the Japanese used vinegar to ferment it faster, and sushi restaurants began to appear, but it was not as it is today, but the pieces were larger .
Health benefits of eating sushi
Sushi is rich in omega-3 fish oils, which are classified as essential fats, because the body cannot make them.
It lowers high cholesterol levels and blood pressure, reduces the risk of heart disease, and maintains heart rhythm.
It balances blood sugar and keeps energy levels stable, which leads to longer periods of satiety because fish contains enough protein.
Most importantly, fish contains a high percentage of B12 vitamins that improve mood and help treat depression.
© 2022 cook now