My name is Ark. I am an Indian freelance writer. I write health and food from a young age. I have some stories, poems that I will publish in
Lasagna is one of those classic dishes that just screams home, with rich flavors and intoxicating smells that hit you as soon as you walk through the door. This Italian favorite may seem complicated to make, but it is actually quite easy once you know what you are doing. There is no need you should not try to make this recipe yourself at home… It should come out perfect the very first time, so long as you follow these directions to the letter. So try this recipe today, and all the members of your household will be begging you to make it again and again.
HOW TO MAKE LASAGNA
1. Take a big pot of water to boil on the flame. This should be the type of pot you would make soup or chili in. Place the lid on the pot and leave it to boil. Once the water begins to boil, remove the lid and place about a teaspoon of salt in the water, to flavor the water and thus the noodles. Place twelve dry lasagna noodles into the water, pressing them down as they soften so they are fully submerged, but do not break them. Let boil for around eight minutes. The noodles do not have to be all the way done, as they will cook more in the oven. Drain the noodles in a strainer and set them aside.
2. Now it is time to make the sauce. Warm a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan. Finely dice one medium onion and toss it in the oil until the onion is translucent. Cubes two cloves of garlic and add to the onion. Then, pour three small cans of tomato purée over the onion mixture, stirring well. Add a bay leaf to the sauce and let it simmer until you are ready to assemble the lasagna.
3. In a mixing bowl combine fifteen ounces of ricotta cheese, eight ounces of Parmesan, and one large egg. Stir until combined well, then add a handful of freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley. If dried parsley is all you have you can add that as well. Also, season with black pepper sand alt to enjoy the taste.
4. If you want to make this a meat lasagna, brown one pound of ground beef or sausage in a pan. Drain out any fat or grease then add the meat to the sauce mixture you have already made.
5. Now it is time for the fun part…assembling the lasagne. Pre heat an oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and grease a lasagna pan with cooking spray. At the bottom of the pan, lay three lasagna noodles side by side, so the noodles are touching and there is no room around the edges. Then, pour a layer of the ricotta cheese mixture, followed by a layer of the sauce mix. Top the sauce with a layer of grated mozzarella cheese, and then a layer of three more noodles. Repeat this process until you are out of noodles, ricotta and sauce. Once the lasagna is finished cover it with one last layer of mozzarella cheese.
6. Place the lasagna in the oven and let it bake for about 45 minutes, or until all of the cheese is bubbling and golden brown. If the cheese is becoming too dark, you can cover it with a layer of tin foil to protect it. Once the lasagna is done, remove it from the oven. And here is an important tip– let it cool off for ten minutes before you cut into it. If you slice it too early, all of the layers will slide apart on the plate. If you give it a moment, you will have perfect, in tact slices.
7. Now cut three columns into the lasagna, and four rows going the other way, so you have twelve perfect slices. Gently lift each piece out of the tray with a spatula and serve. You can serve this with a green salad and some garlic bread for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Lasagna makes a great make ahead meal. Put together a tray of this on the weekend or in your spare time, freeze it, then just heat it up one evening when you need it.
© 2021 Ark