pallavi dedicate a lot of time which is making delicious food for her family. she love to cook Indian cuisine. she love to cook for fun.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Palak Puri (Spinach Puri) recipe (Quick and Easy recipe)
Spinach puri is a winter Special healthy and tasty breakfast or snacks. Spinach (palak) puri is a colorful variation of usual puffed puris where spinach pure is added in the dough. India is a land of spicy food and there are endless types of spicy chutneys which are integral part of indian chats and snacks.
This is simple to make, delicious and healthy dish. You can enjoy with any cold curd or yoghurt or or chutneys or just pickle. Do try it and share your experience.
- 3 cup chopped Spinach
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup gram flour
- 1 tablespoon carrom seeds/ Ajwain
- 1 pinch hing / asafoetida
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 juice if lemon
- salt to taste
- oil to fry
How to make (Procedure) :
- First thing is to blend spinach, green chilies, ginger, garlic and add lemon juice into a smooth puree without adding much water.
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour, gram flour, carrom seeds, hing and salt for taste.
- also add 2 tablespoon hot oil in the dry mixture.
- Then add the spinach puree and kneed it into a semi soft dough.
- Let the dough rest for 10 mins.
- Now make small dough balls to roll puri's, make sure it's not too thin like chapatis.
- Once rolled sprinkle some sesame seeds and give a last roll.
- Fry the puri's till it puffs up.