A homemaker mixing some ingredients and turning them into delicious recipes with a lot of nutritional value. Recipes are very simple to try.
Roti is an essential part of Pakistani/Indian Cuisine. It is served is both lunch and dinner and considered as a very important part of lunch and dinner. Therefore, dough for roti is also important in order to make a perfect roti.
- 2 cups whole wheat, flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oil, (any cooking oil)
- as needed water, luke warm
- Take a mixing bowl, add flour, salt and oil into it.
- Mix them well.
- Add water little by little and mix it.
- Make it in the form of dough like a pizza or any other dough.
- Kneed the dough for 1-2 minutes. Keep the dough soft, not too sticky nor too hard.
- Brush little oil on the top and cover it for 10-15 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes the kneed the dough again for 1-2 minutes.
- Now the dough is ready.
Use clean hands to mix the dough.
You can skip the oil.
To make a good roti dough should be soft, not too hard and not too sticky.
Kneed the dough for 1-2 minutes.
For 2 cup flour you'll need around 1 cup and 2 tbsp. of water to be precise.
Make Balls with the Dough
When dough is ready, divide the dough into 4-6 parts.
Make balls with those divided parts and set them aside.
Roll the Roti
Turn on the stove and place tawa (flat pan) on medium heat.
Dust some dry flour on the clean shelf, and flat the ball with rolling pin.
Roti should neither be too thin nor too thick.
Put it on the Heated Tawa
When rolling is done put the roti onto the tawa (flat pan).
Turn the side when color changes.
when little bubbles appear, change the side again.
press it with thick piece of cloth until roti become a ball.
Carefully press the roti to release the air.
Turn the side and leave it for 30 second and remove it from the tawa.
It is Ready
Roti is ready.
Place it in the piece of cloth and serve it with delicious curry.
© 2021 Marwah Altaf