Home made beef burgers are very tasty when made with the right ingredients. I love home-made beef burgers and chicken burgers.
Tasty Home-made Beef Burgers
Homemade Beef Burgers with Potato and Carrots.
Beef burgers and Chicken burgers are my favourites from McDonalds food. But one day, I decided to make my own beef burgers at home. It tastes so much better actually than the frozen burgers that we buy from the supermarket. Also it takes only a few minutes to prepare and cook. Ideal for speedy but tasty suppers or even lunch.
You can make quite a few then freeze some for later use. I love chicken burgers with chips but occasionally I buy the beef burgers with cheese and salad. If I have a take away from KFC or McDonalds it will be cheese beef burgers and chicken sandwich.
Picture of my Homemade beef burgers
Speedy Beef Burgers
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves two people
Ingredients for Homemade Beef Burgers
- 500 (kg) British Beef Steak Mince, lean
- 3 pieces spring onions or onion bulb, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 piece carrot, grated
- 1 piece potato, medium size
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 piece egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup cooking oil or olive oil if you prefer, for frying
- pinch of chilli powder, optional
- 1 or 2 tomato, sliced
- 1 or 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 or 2 cheese slices, optional
- pickled cucumber, optional
How to cook Homemade Beef Burgers
- First gather all the ingredients, chop the spring onions or slice the onion bulb into round slices and the tomatoes and set aside, if you use it in rolls or sandwiches.
- Peel and grate the garlic, potatoes and carrots, put them in a big bowl with the chopped onions or sliced onion bulb or cut them as you like, mix them all.
- Add the beef steak mince, salt and pepper to taste or mixed spices if you like and chili powder(can omit the chili powder if you don't like hot and spicy burgers, this is optional)
- Mix all the ingredients in the bowl, beat the egg in a separate small bowl or you can mix the egg with all the other ingredients as well. It keeps all the ingredients together.
- Take two or three tablespoonsful of the beef mixture, put it on your palm and make a round ball then flatten it using both of your palms
- Then dip the flattened beef burger in the bowl with the beaten egg and then shallow fry it with the heated frying oil in the frying pan until brown and crispy.
- Homemade beef burgers can be accompanied by homemade chipped potatoes and salad or any vegetables.
- Or put it in a sandwich bread or roll with ketchup, mustard or mayonnaise with lettuce leaves and tomato slices. You can also use pitta bread instead of a roll.
- You can also add cheese slices with the burgers, lettuce, tomatoes and ketchup if you like.
- You can also use pickled cucumber with your burgers in your rolls or pitta bread.
Home Made Beef Burgers Tips
You can also use onion bulbs if you have no spring onions. Spring onions is better for me but if you prefer onion bulb then it is okay to use that as well. You can add any spice you like and remove the chilies if you don't like it spicy. With this recipe, you can add any ingredients or spices that you like. There is no set ingredients for beef burgers. You can put together all the ingredients you prefer like chilies if you prefer your burgers to be spicy. I am not keen on too much spice so I don't really use chili much on my cooking.
If you use this recipe in burger rolls, it is better to slice the tomatoes round and the onion bulbs round as well to match. The carrots and potatoes can be omitted from the ingredients too if you prefer a plain burger.
Also instead of shallow frying the burger, it can be grilled too in the oven if you prefer. Just make sure you check it every now and then because it can be over cooked and just grill it on a medium heat.
You can also make homemade fries to accompany your rolls with burgers if you like it as a meal rather than just a snack. It is so easy to make homemade fries. I prefer homemade fries as they taste better than shop bought ready made fries.
Home made Beef Burgers
- Linda Bryen on HubPages
Hi! my name is Linda, and my interests are languages, writing, gardening, blogging, photography, crocheting, and travelling to new places or other...
- Easy English Cottage Pie Recipe
Want some easy cooked and tasty recipe, this is one of them. Not enough time to cook, think of cottage pie.
How to make homemade burgers
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2013 Linda Bryen
Home made beef burger
Linda Bryen (author) from United Kingdom on February 07, 2015:
Thank you peachpurple, I hope it turns out okay.
peachy from Home Sweet Home on February 07, 2015:
bookmark this page, will be making my own beef burger
Linda Bryen (author) from United Kingdom on July 02, 2013:
Thank you! Vacation Trip for your kind comment. I love burgers myself but sometimes the shop bought ones are not as good as the homemade ones so from now on I make my own.
Linda Bryen (author) from United Kingdom on July 02, 2013:
Hi! peachpurple, yes this is my own recipe, I just tried it and I like it so I will make some more next time and keep some in the freezer. Thanks for your kind comment.
Susan from India on July 01, 2013:
Great recipe. I like to eat home made burgers and your recipe is very simple and easy to make. Thank you for sharing.
peachy from Home Sweet Home on July 01, 2013:
is this your own recipe? Awesome! The ingredients are easy to obtain and i love to make own burgers. Taste better, less salt and healthy. Great recipe.
Linda Bryen (author) from United Kingdom on July 01, 2013:
You are right viking305, home made burgers are better than shop bought ones and as you say, you can freeze them and use them later. Thanks for reading my hub and kind comment.
L M Reid from Ireland on July 01, 2013:
I love to make my own beef burgers too. I make about ten at a time and then freeze them, that way I have them there whenever I fancy a nice burger and chips. They do taste so much better than the ones bought in the shops.