A delicious dish
Yam porridge is a quick savory meal that everyone can enjoy. It is nutritious and filling. The use of yam, spices, some herbs and meat makes it somewhat like a feast. It's a very versatile dish. You can have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
In this article, I am going to give two different yam porridge recipes.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves six people
- 2 cubes seasoning
- 6 habanero pepper, blended
- 1\4 kg meat, chopped
- 1 dried fish
- to taste salt
- 5 leaves kale or basil(scent leaves, sliced
- 1\2 cup ground crayfish
- 1\2 tuber yam, chopped
- 1\4 cup palm oil
How to dry fish yourself
In this recipe, I used dried catfish. In case this is not accessible to you, you can dry your own fish yourself following these steps.
- Wash the fish in hot water to remove the slime on the fish.
- Salt the fish thoroughly and allow it rest for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Put it in a tray and put it in the oven on medium heat.
- Set the timer to one hour. And it's ready. Or,
Put it in a skillet and roast it slowly on a grill. Make sure the grill isn't too hot. Roast it for two hours.
- Make a meat stock: wash the meat and put it in a pot. Add salt, seasoning, and pepper. Don't add water. Turn on the heat and keep on low. This will allow the meat to simmer and produce fat.
- Wash the dry fish thoroughly and add it to the boiling meat. Cover the pot for five minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add 2 cups of water to the meat and increase the heat to high. Add the chopped yam and cover for another 20 minutes.
- Add the palm oil and crayfish. Cover for 10 minutes. This will help the oil blend properly.
- Stir and taste for salt. Add more salt and seasoning if need be.
- Check the yam to see how soft it is. Add more water if it's still hard and cover the pot. If it's soft enough, check the consistency of the sauce.
- Add the sliced vegetable lastly and cover for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
If you love this, you'll love this recipe.
- Recipe for Nigerian Plantain Pottage With Unripe Pla...
Learn how to prepare this iron-rich dish of plantain pottage with unripe plantain, fish and scent leaves.