Bourbon chicken is a simple and fast recipe to make. So easy that you’ll be happy your cooking rather then ordering out take out food. You can taste the difference and your family will love this recipe. Serve over hot rice or low mein and enjoy!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves four people
- 2lbs. boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1/4 ginger
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or, Bragg Liquid Amino
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet pan. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a heated pan over medium heat. Cook until everything is well mixed.
- Add chicken to mixture and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Other Great Recipes from this Publisher
- How to Make Cappuccino at Home just like Starbucks
- How to make Cuban Red Beans and Rice
- Easy Cuban Flan Cheesecake Recipe
- Yummy Healthy Baked Salmon Recipe
- The Best Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
- How to make Cuban Black Beans and Rice
- World's Greatest & Easiest Chocolate Cake
- How to Cook Benihana Japanese Onion Soup with a Crockpot
- Easy Cuban Flan Recipe
CLD on August 02, 2018:
My sauce looked nothing like your picture. It was very fluid. I had to make a slurry to thicken it, but it still was not super-thick. It had great flavor, though. Everyone liked how good it tasted.
titi6601 (author) on June 05, 2017:
ErinHop the ginger ratio is a teaspoon
ErinHop on June 05, 2017:
Is the giner ration suppose to be a tablespoon or teaspoon
Yummy on January 04, 2017:
Teresa Herrera-Honores on July 23, 2013:
ohh yummy would love to make this what denomination is the ginger, teaspoon, tablespoon?
titi6601 (author) on July 10, 2013:
Bake Like a Pro yes it easy & yummy!
Bake Like a Pro on July 10, 2013:
The recipe looks so simple and delicious. Thanks for sharing it :).
titi6601 (author) on April 21, 2013:
IslandBites thank you for stopping by.
IslandBites from Puerto Rico on April 20, 2013:
titi6601 (author) on March 28, 2013:
Careermommy yes you can use light brown sugar. This is a recipe you sure will love! rumanasaiyed thank you for your comment.
Rumana from Sharjah, UAE on March 28, 2013:
This is a quick and easy recipe for chicken. I looks yummy.
Tirralan Watkins from Los Angeles, CA on March 16, 2013:
Oh wow, I just found a new chicken recipe to try. Thank you for sharing a meal that I think my home family will enjoy, titi6601. You mentioned an ingredient, "light brown." Did you mean light brown sugar?
Jose Graveran from Miami, Florida on February 14, 2013:
Susan from India on February 08, 2013:
This is simply looking very delicious. Will try it soon. Thanks for sharing.
Jose Graveran on February 06, 2013:
Omg this food is so good.
CarNoobz from USA on February 06, 2013:
What?! That's so easy! We eat Panda's like ALL the time. My kids love it. If I could learn to make their Orange Chicken, I would be the greatest Dad & Stepdad on the planet (at least in their eyes). Costco sells an orange chicken product, but it sucks =(
Bebec on February 05, 2013:
This looks delicious! Thank you for sharing another great recipe!