Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He likes to share his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Raw or semi mature peanuts are usually used for making boiled peanuts. They can be shelled or unshelled. Soaking the peanuts before boiling is not necessary and is a personal choice.
These can be eaten as is after boiling or can be prepared as peanut chaat, an Indian snack,
Boiled peanuts have 4 times the antioxidant levels found in raw or roasted peanuts. Boiling also denatures proteins which trigger allergic reactions in those with peanut allergies.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 cup raw shelled peanuts
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp/to taste salt
- Wash the peanuts and put them in a pressure cooker.
- Add the water and salt.
- Close the pressure cooker and give 2 whistles on medium-heat then put off the heat.
- Open the pressure cooker and strain out the peanuts. Let them sit for about 2 minutes to allow the remaining water to drain out.
- Crunchy boiled peanuts are ready.
How to Boil Peanuts Without Shell
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly