I love cooking native Indian delicious dishes. I would like to share my favourite recipes with my dear readers.
Chowmein is a stir-fried noodles. This dish is the most popular recipe in most of the Chinese restaurants. This is also popular dish particularly in India, Nepal, United Kingdom and United States and so on. This is mainly sold in many stalls of fairs such as Durga Puja, Diwali and Muharram in India.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For boiling noodles:
- 1.5 litre water
- 1/3 teaspoon of salt
- 100 grams noodles
- 1/2 cup cabbage, (chopped)
- 1/4 cup carrot, (chopped)
- 1/4 cup capsicum, (chopped)
- 1/2 cup spring onion, (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon red chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon green chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce(Ketchup)
- 1 green chilli, (chopped)
- 1 small onion, (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic, (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
For frying chowmein:
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil, as needed
- Pour 1.5 litre water into a pan and heat it.
- Add 1/3 teaspoons of salt with water and stir it to mix well.
- Pour 100 grams noodles into the mixture of salt and boiling water of the pan.
- Let it boil 3-4 minutes on medium-high flame.
- once it is cooked 80%, turn off the flame.
- Immediately drain the water off from the noodles with a filter.
- Keep the noodles on a plate and spread it around the plate without covering it under a ceiling fan.
- Turn on the oven, put a pan on the oven and heat it first. Then pour oil into the pan and stir it around the pan.
- After heating the oil, pour garlic and green chilli into the pan and mix them well.
- Pour onion into the mixture of garlic and green chilli and mix them well again on high flame.
- Add cabbage, carrot and spring onion and mix them well once again and cook for 30 seconds on high flame.
- Now add capsicum later(mix well) because it cannot be cooked for a long time .
- Cook it for 8-10 seconds on high flame.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, red chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and green chilli sauce.Mix them well on high flame.
- Add boiled noodles, some amount of salt (remember, salt is already added to the noodles). Also add black pepper powder and mix them well or toss it for a minute on high flame.
- Add spring onion again and mix them well. Toss it on high flame.
- Turn off the oven and take it out on a plate.
- At last, spread some spring onion on the chowmein to make it look beautiful.