I love cooking native Indian delicious dishes. I would like to share my favourite recipes with my dear readers.
Potato chips are often abbreviated as chips. Potato chips are thin slices of potato. It is mainly made of potatoes and spices. It is a fried crispy snack food. It can be prepared at home. Today's recipe is very easy and simple to be prepared.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 4 potatoes
- cooking oil ,as needed
- salt as per taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- Peel off the skin from all potatoes.
- Wash the potatoes with water properly.
- Dry the potatoes by wiping with a cotton cloth.
- Cut the potatoes into slices with a knife or a chips grater.
- Wipe the potatoes again with a cotton cloth.
- One by one, place potato slices side by side on a plate.
- Pour oil into a pan and heat it properly on medium flame.
- Drop a potato slice into the hot oil of the pan to check its temperature.
- If the oil gets hot properly, put the potato slices into the hot oil one by one. Fry them on medium-high flame and keep flipping them.
- Once the slices turn golden, take them out on a plate with a strainer.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder(optional), chaat masala powder and salt as per taste on the fried potato slices of the plate.
- Mix and toss the potato chips gently.
- Consume them within a day.
Kalpana Iyer from India on November 06, 2020:
I love potato chips but I have never tried making them at home. Thank you for sharing the recipe in a crisp (pun-intended) manner.