What are the best cupcake bakery names?
Cupcakes are gaining in popularity and more cupcake bakeries are opening their doors. But how should you name your cupcake shop? A good cupcake shop name helps to establish your brand. The name of your business is what people will share with others if your cupcakes taste great.
You don't want to rush this decision because all the hard work you will do bears this name. I'll share some approaches on how to name your cupcake shop, some commonly used words and some questions that you should ask yourself when choosing a name.
I'll also share a website with many cupcake shops around the world - a great place to be inspired! You'll want to choose a memorable name but not an overcomplicated or uninteresting one.
Just read this article and it won't be long before you can open your own cupcake shop!
What is a good name for a cupcake shop?
A good cupcake store name should be memorable, not too long and somehow related with cupcakes or the act of baking. After looking at many names of existing cupcake shops, that's what their names have in common.
From what I can see there are three approaches to name your cupcake store:
- Combine a bakery word with one or more words of your own. Many cupcake shops use words like bake, bakery, bar, cafe, cakes, company, cupcake or kitchen, shop. Nothing fancy but we don't need to make it more complicated than necessary. If you are a bakery or cupcake shop, it is good to include that in your name because that's what you sell really. A flower shop uses the word flower, a pet shop uses the words pets or animals and a bakery can refer to the fine act of baking in its name.
- Combine a tasteful word with one or more words of your own. Some cupcake stores don't have the name cupcake or bakery but they simply use words like sugar, sweet, delight, delicious or tasty. You can also use plurals such as sweets, treats or delights. Other commonly used words are cute, love and little. These words are used to associate cupcakes with a tasty place or feeling. More examples are divine, heaven, heavenly or dream. You can also refer to the process of making cupcakes by using words as frostings and icings.
- Name the cupcake shop after yourself. If you cannot come up with a creative name that you are satisfied with then you can always name the store after yourself. If your name is Emma then Emma's Cupcakes, Emma's Bakery or Cupcakes by Emma are memorable, accurate and people will definitely remember your name if you bake well. There's no need to worry if you use this name because it is hard to go wrong with it. It is better to choose a name for your cupcake shop that you are fully happy with than a name you will regret after a few years. You can always rename your store but you'll have to spend time, money and effort to let people know that you have changed the name.
Need more ideas?
- 10 Great Cupcake Shops in Melbourne, Australia!
Cupcakes are a delicious treat and they are sold in many cupcake shops in Melbourne. This article tells you where to get those cupcakes in Melbourne for your birthday party, wedding or business event.
Where can I see names of cupcake bakeries?
Have a look at the names of many cupcake stores out there at cupcakefetish.com. They have a large overview of stores and you can browse by geographic location and by store name. Simply type in a word and see what existing cupcake shops use that word in their name.
Get some inspiration from these names and get your creativity going!
How should I name my cupcake shop?
This article gives you ideas and pointers on how to name your cupcake store but you know your situation best. Some questions to consider:
- Are you primarily a cupcake shop or a general bakery?
- Does the cupcake shop revolve around you or is it better not to name the store after you?
- Are you happy with just one cupcake shop or would you consider franchising in the future?
- Are you going to specialize in custom cupcakes or cupcakes for special events as weddings?
Each of these questions can influence how you should name your store.
I'm afraid you are the only one who can answer the question of how to name your cupcake store. I love cupcakes and I hope you'll pursue your dream of opening your store! Give it a name that you will be proud of. Let it be a name that you want to work hard for every day so that people know they can get great cupcakes there! Good luck!
This article was written by Simeon Visser. I am earning money online by writing here at HubPages.com. Would you like to earn money online as well? Read the success stories and sign up today to get started!
Private Club Markeitng from Newport Beach, CA on January 12, 2017:
we would eat all the profits
Balogh on January 13, 2015:
Did you know that in Japan it's the other way around? Women give chcltoaoe to men! (Men reciprocate a month later on so-called White Day.) It's not romantic: you're supposed to give chcltoaoe to your father and brothers and colleagues as well as your beloved.The male teachers at my school get tons of chcltoaoe from their female students, and then the female teachers eat it! :D
Tilly on January 12, 2015:
Thank God! Soemnoe with brains speaks!
Merlott on January 07, 2014:
how about Death by A Thousand Cups?
sinead on October 04, 2012:
I would like to start up a cupcake bussiness from home. i like the name sweetpeas treats..my hubbys nikname lol. any ideas how to go about it????
Jon on June 23, 2012:
I'm thinking of starting a very small cupcake business, any suggestions welcome :-) does anyone no how to find out if a names been taken or do I just have to google?!
Tara on June 01, 2012:
I went to cupcakefetish.com and it wouldn't load so I tried going to it through google. My anti-virus went crazy and I got the message 'this site may harm your computer' several times. Please be aware of what you're recommending.
Sophie mac Donald on May 03, 2012:
I'm 10 my mum and I own a cup cake store and We found the name the hardest part of the job
marissa on April 27, 2012:
sweet tastes might be good. lol
Rameesah and Inayah on March 09, 2012:
WE NEED A NAMEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x PLEASE? BTW: I'm 10 years old and were REALLYYY bored and we wanna make an imaginary game and were gonna have a cupcake bakery in it. ANY IDEAS? Pleaseeeee x
lakeisha on January 30, 2012:
what a good name for a cupcake shop
rivanossa on December 11, 2011:
cherry dream could be a good choice for cupcakes backery??
lilly on November 23, 2011:
this helped me
shotgungirl on June 28, 2011:
barbergirl28 im thiking of opening a cupcake shop and cake in a cup is a great idea i might use it, and you can definetly come by and have a free cupcake once i open it.
SUSANJK from Florida on April 11, 2011:
Good Hub, I absolutely love cupcakes and do bake them, but opening a shoppe, don't think so.
simeonvisser (author) on February 17, 2011:
@barbergirl28: Nice ideas I must say. In any case it's not always easy to find a name for a business :)
Stacy Harris from Hemet, Ca on February 16, 2011:
I think I am going to name my imaginary (cause even though I like baking I can't imagine opening up my own shop) store...
Heaven in a Cupcake
Cake in a Cup!
Ha ha - thanks for making me think a little. Now if anybody steals my idea I want some credit or just a free cupcake would be nice.
simeonvisser (author) on February 01, 2011:
Nice :) Well, quite a few top restaurants have a man as chef but I must this article just arose out of an interest in cupcakes! I also noticed that people are interested in naming their bakery or cupcake store so I decided to analyze the names of existing cupcake stores. This is really more about the business side of cupcake stores than about the products themselves.
eventsyoudesign from Nashville, Tennessee on January 31, 2011:
I like your article, but I have to admit I never thought a man would be the one writing it. Great job. We have a few good cupcake stores in our neighborhood. Some of the names are: Dulce Desserts(yummy), Pink Cupcakes, Gigis, Sparkles and Cupcake Collection. I will read more. Teresa
simeonvisser (author) on January 14, 2011:
@psychicdog.net: Even if you don't, you can still come back to the hub haha :-)
psychicdog.net on January 14, 2011:
Simonvisser if I ever open a cupcake shop, I'll come back to this hub!
simeonvisser (author) on January 14, 2011:
Actually, people are searching for this so I thought, why not write an article about it? :)
Right On Time from Australia on January 14, 2011:
Offbeat and nice...and it made me hungry for cupcakes!
simeonvisser (author) on January 14, 2011:
It's not easy I know, that's why I looked at the names of existing shops to get a general idea. Hopefully new bakeries can get a nice idea from this! :)
Iontach on January 14, 2011:
This Hub is so random, I love it. lol
I'm obsessed with this cupcake shop called Johnnie Cupcakes in Ireland, they are freakishly amazing...mmmmmmm. So expensive though, like 2 euro per cupcakes, but so worth it.
I think a cupcake shop should be called something nice and cheesy to make it memorable, I still have no ideas though. :P