Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Delicious, Crunchy, and Nutritious Evening Snacks
Looking for an easy yet delicious and healthy finger food for children? Certainly, vegetable bullets are your option.
I am referring here to the crunchy and tasty fake bullets! These bullets are filled with veggies and carry a lot of nutrients.
An Overview of Making Vegetable Bullets:
Firstly, you have to make a dough with veggies, flour, and spices. Next, make bullet-shapes with the dough. Next, fry them in oil. Vegetable bullets are ready!
Munch them hot with a sauce.
Now, I share the detailed recipe with you.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 cups potato, boiled, mashed
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup beet root, grated
- 1/4 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh peas, crushed
- 1/2 inch ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green chillies, minced
- 3 tsp custard powder
- 1/8 piece nutmeg powder, crushed, optional
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 4 tsp all purpose flour/maida
- salt, as per taste
- oil, for deep frying
- 4 tbsp bread crumbs, for dusting
- 1 1/2 tbsp fine rava/semolina, for dusting
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Vegetable Bullets
- Make a coarse paste of green chilies, ginger, garlic and peas. Keep aside.
- Combine mashed potato, grated carrot and beetroot, chopped cabbage, custard powder, all purpose flour, pepper powder, nutmeg powder, salt and the coarse paste.
- No need to add water. Prepare a firm dough.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal portions. Shape each portion like a bullet.
- Keep ready all the bullet shapes.
- Mix bread crumbs and semolina in a tray.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Dust each bullet with the bread crumbs-semolina mix.
- Drop 5-6 such bullets into the medium hot oil.
- Fry them for 3-4 minutes, or till they turn brownish color.
- Remove them, and place on a paper towel. This way, make all the bullets.
- Serve these hot bullets with tomato sauce. Happy eating!!
Health encyclopedia - Quiz time
For each question, choose the best answer. The answer key is below.
- Is between-meals snacks can help you get the nutrients which you might have deprived at meal time?
- Dairy products are the only products that provide calcium
- Which of the following oil is best to avoid
- Which of the following has lowest fat content?
- Chocolate brownie
- Cherry cheese cake
- Whether using margarine instead of butter in butter cookies makes it healthier?
- Is reducing the quantity of sugar and butter in a cookie recipe makes it healthier?
- Chocolate brownie
Interpreting Your Score
If you got between 0 and 1 correct answer: average
If you got between 2 and 3 correct answers: moderate
If you got 4 correct answers: good
If you got 5 correct answers: very good
If you got 6 correct answers: excellent!!