I love cooking native Indian delicious dishes. I would like to share my favourite recipes with my dear readers.
Mathri is also called mathi. It is a kind of flaky biscuit. It was originated in India. It is eaten as a snack. It is a popular snack in India. It is a quick and easy recipe to be made at home.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For making dough:
- 1 cup of wheat flour or maida(all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup of rice flour
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder or chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon of mixed herb
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- salt as per taste
- 1/4 cup of ghee, (clarified butter)
- Cooking oil, as needed
- Pour wheat flour into a bowl and add rice flour, salt as per taste, mixed herb, red chilli powder or chilli flakes and oregano. Mix them well.
- After mixing them well, pour ghee into the bowl and mix it well.
- Now, add some water and mix it well. Knead the mixture until it takes a shape of the dough.
- Create dough balls of the same size from the dough.
- Take one dough ball and mix it with dry wheat flour. With a rolling pin, roll it out into a semi-thick round shape and cut it into round shapes with a glass. Prick on them with a fork and keep them on a plate greased with oil.
- Now, pour oil into a pan and heat it properly.
- Once it gets hot properly, drop a mathri into the hot oil of the pan to check its temperature on medium flame.
- If the oil gets hot properly, drop all the mathris one by one into the hot oil of the pan on medium flame.
- Fry both sides of the mathris until they turn into golden brown on medium flame.
- After the mathris turn into golden brown, take them out on a plate with a strainer.
- Mathris are now ready to be served to the family.