Brenda is a homegrown Southern woman, mom to three beautiful kids, and wife to the man of her dreams. She loves cooking for her family.
About Mint Julep
I fell in love with this cocktail at the Kentucky Derby and now I make it myself at home. I love bourbon for cooking and drinking now and then, so I usually have had a bottle at home, and I grow a lot of mints as I also love mint tea, mint lemonade, mint, and watermelon, to name a few, so I swear this drink was made with me in mind, and I think you will love it just as much.
Rate this recipe
For Mint Syrup:
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup packed Fresh mint leaves, Chopped
For Each Drink:
- 1/2 the glass full Crushed ice
- 1 ounce Bourbon
- 1 Mint sprig
- For Syrup: Mix sugar, water, and chopped mint in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Let cool till room temperature.
- Line a mesh strainer with coffee filter or cheese cloth and strain syrup. Discard the chopped mint. Cover and chill for two hours to overnight.
- For each serving: Add ice to metal mint julep cup or glass add 3 Tbsp of syrup, and bourbon to glass.
- Stir untill mixture well chilled. Garnish with mint sprig and enjoy.
© 2022 Brenda