Kim is an aspiring pastry chef. I began cooking since 12 years old. I hope I will be able to inspire you to try a new recipe from here.
This week I came across to make the Mexican inspired star shaped bread sticks looking cookies called Churros. Since I've been dying to make this. By the way, what are you up to next holiday? Why don't you make some lovely churros.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 30pcs and Good for 4-5 people
This churros is dust with sugar and ground cinnamon, partnered with chocolate dip. Churros are fried in a medium-high heat saucepan until it’s golden brown and light crisp.
There is a slight resemblance to making churros and doughnuts. What amazed me is its crispiness outside but soft inside.
Ingredients To Make Homemade Churros
Watch The Homemade Churros Video
Actual Photos (Read The Directions Carefully)
Easy Guide On How To Make Churro Recipe
Here is a step by step photos and video to guide you on how to make this churro at home. The recipe will only take you a maximum of 10 minutes to prepare and another 5-10 minutes to fry.
You might want to share this recipe with a friend because I can’t guarantee you it’s cuteness, you will fall for his charm. – Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Homemade Chocolate Dip Sauce
Ingredients and Measurements
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 115ml all purpose cream
- 43g chocolate bar
- In a saucepan, fill in with 1 cup of water, butter, salt over medium heat. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, add vanilla extract(optional).
- Add flour and stir with a wooden spatula vigorously until thickens and evenly incorporated. Don't forget to lower the setting temperature from medium to low heat. At this time, it will form a ball. Let it rest for a few seconds. While you do this get the remaining ingredients and mixing bowl if you want to transfer the mixture. (Just a little fancy) But I prefer mine to the same skillet. Besides, you can do what makes you feel comfortable. 😊
- Then, beat in eggs one at a time, and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag. The safest and fastest way to transfer the dough in a piping bag. In a large glass place in the piping bag with a large star tip inserted.
- Add enough oil into a skillet over medium heat or a 350˚ temperature. I recommend using a food thermometer to monitor the heat faster. Then carefully pipe churros. Note: The batter is a bit thick so expect that it won’t be as smooth once piped. The texture of the batter is so stable at this moment and time-consuming. --To avoid overcooked churros. And I bet you don’t want over fry churros or churros that aren’t looking their best. I found you the best way and will also save our precious time in making delicious churros. First, (while allowing our dough mixture to rest for about 5-7minutes) Get a grip tightly on piping with the churros mixture, line a 3-inch sized batch on a flat surface with parchment paper. - Highly recommended.
- Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over the saucepan, cut, and fry into the hot oil. Repeat until churros fill saucepan to make sure there’s remaining space to fry. Do not overload too much. Fry churros until golden brown. Use a strainer to remove churros from the heating oil.
- Prepare the mixed sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Toss in churros until completely coated. Serve with favorite dipping sauce.
|7 Tips To Know The Proper Way Of Deep-Frying|
1. Do not leave the pan unattended.
2. Use enough oil at least 10 cm/4.
3. Preheat the oil before deep-frying.
4. Smaller pieces of food are faster to cook than a large amount of food.
5. Paper towels help a lot in removing excess oil much of the fat from deep frying.
6. In reusing oil, when it has a darker color, fishy smell, and gummy fluid better to get rid of it. You can easily distinguish because of cloudy and foamy looking. I know we try not to waste things as much as possible bad frying oil is ain't good for your health.
7. Once finished cooking, drain cooled oil in a strainer or cheesecloth and filter out the used oil after using to keep unwanted crumbs and tiny bits of batter.
8. Store the oil in a room temperature place.7. Store the oil in a room temperature place.
Let's stay connected
Add me on Instagram. If you make this recipe, let me know in the comments below and don't forget to rate it!